“Exceptional Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chester, VA
“Exceptional Hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2009

We rented a the Grand Deluxe 1 Bedroom King Suite with Lake View for my mother's big occasion birthday. The room was incredible - enormous with two bathrooms, floor to ceiling windows in the living room and bedroom with breathtaking views of the river, the lake, and downtown. My parents spent the night in the suite and the rest of hung out before and after dinner and the kids used the pool. Although it was expensive, we spit the cost among family, and it turned out to be an excellent way to wow and impress someone. I didn't use the spa facilities but heard that they were awesome. BTW - the rate on the hotel web site was very high; I called the hotel directly and the front desk offered to give me a discount.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Love2TravelVA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 April 2009

First off, the booking. We used Virtuoso and got a fantastic rate. $230/night, $50 Spa Gift Card, $60 for breakfast every morning, and an upgrade (if available) on arrival. When we arrived, the doorman asked about our visit, and remembered every detail and asked about it daily. We were upgraded to a room not much bigger (650-->900 square feet), however it was directly in front of the river...the best view ever. The room was clean, large, and amazing...words cannot describe it. The bathroom was large and filled with every bath soap, gel, and salt you could possibly want. The In-Mirror TV was perfect for staying up with the news while we showered. We were able to get as many papers as we wanted in the morning, and chose the Tribune and the NYT, which was delivered by 6 every morning. Room service was spectacular, but expensive (although not for us). The Spa, although not used by myself, was apparently flawless. The Health Club was the best integration of technology I've ever seen. The staff was always there, and they were friendly and professional. The only problem we ran into was that the Housekeeping Computers accidentally had us checking out a day early, but everything was quickly fixed, and no other problems occurred. The concierge recommended Bistro 110, up near Water Tower Place, and was the best casual dining experience we've ever had. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, for its service, its rooms, and its overall experience.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank CMHTraveller
Texas
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I wanted a romantic weekend getaway to Chicago and the Trump delivered. For about half the price of a room at the Four Seasons we had a room that met or even exceeded the Four Seasons experience. I did not end up using the hotels other amenities. We had other plans made for dining and the spa was priced beyond a price I felt was reasonable even for a splurge. But the room and the service from all hotel employee was an unbelievable value. When economic times improve, I wouldn't be surprised to find the price to stay become heavy for most budgets, so now may be the time if you want to treat yourself and someone special to a real upscale treat.

I was not asked for any donation as I read in a different post. Only one minor complaint was that one morning my shower did not quite get as hot as I would have liked, but other times it did.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RollingTex
Illinois
Reviewed 8 March 2009

We have just returned from the most memorable hotel stay ever! The staff at the Trump Hotel exceeding our expectations in every way. My husband and I were going to stay to celebrate our Birthdays and decided at the last minute to take our childlren. I am so glad we did, as they received the most amazing treatment ever. This hotel really caters to children and as parents really appreciated the special treatment. Not only did they keep our children busy but the little details they add to make it enjoyable and relaxing for the parents is out of this world. I was so sad it check out as I didn't want this experience to end. Definitely worth every penny we spent. The service is what makes this hotel so unique. In a world filled with terrible service at every turn, it is a breath of fresh air when you find staff that takes such pride in their work. My kids have already asked if they can forego their next Florida vacation and stay at the Trump. I LOVED IT!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
milwaukee
Reviewed 27 February 2009

We have stayed here twice recently with our sons age 4 and 2, November 2008 and February 2009. The suites are amazing, huge and beautiful, the windows are floor to ceiling and the view is fantasitc, the only way to travel with young children. Kitchen with microwave, stove, expresso machine, silverware/plates, and a fridge you can put your own things in to. Master bath with TV in mirror, comfy robes. Staff is so friendly, remember our names, ask how things are, answer any ?'s we may have. Upon arrival to our room there were 2 plates with the boys names in chocolate and 2 huge cookies each, which of course they loved! We ordered room service twice in both our stays and the food is fantastic and there was a kitchen table we could all sit at. Pool is very nice, there are even toys for the boys to play with! The air is very warm but my one complaint here is I think the pool is cold, of course once you are in it's fine, but my boys couldn't stay in longer then 25 minutes and they were shivering and lips were blue, very minor, but thought I would include for those travelling with young children. Now for my complaints, the first time we stayed we had a prob with the tv in the bedroom, we couldn't control the volume, couple of phone calls later we had a new tv, not a big deal. However, 2nd stay, the dvd player in the bedroom didn't work, the one in the living room worked fine, called 3 times, first 2 times someone came while we were out, and the player was still not working. I think they were "fixing" the living room one which was fine. the 3rd time I called and let them know what was happening and that we would be in the room to show the broken one. No one showed up. based on this I gave a 4 instead of a 5.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank funfor4
Chicago
Reviewed 20 February 2009

My husband and I stayed there the night for valentine's day. The hotel exceeded our expectations by far. We were allowed to bring our pup who weighs under 10 lbs. They even brought in a bed for our pup, a dish for her, a collar and leash, treats, poop bags for when we walk her, etc. The concierge provided us with written confirmation of our dinner arrangements outside the hotel upon our arrival. The room was immaculate and the service was spectacular. It was worth every dime. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy_KChicago
UK
Reviewed 18 February 2009

We stayed at the Trump Tower in mid Feb 2009 and were absolutely delighted with the experience. The staff couldn't have been more helpful - the room on the 27th floor was exactly as I had requested and hoped for and the indoor swimming pool was fabulous.

The room rate was excellent value - we could easily have paid double for this level.

There wasn't really any downside except the restaurant was a bit pricey - it was also excellent with a marvellous view over Chicago river, perhaps not quite such as a cracking deal as the hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple