An overly-attentive staff member at the check-in desk was off-putting. My husband had not even checked-in yet and some guy was trying to take our bags. The warmed wet, scented wash cloths for our tired hands was a nice-surprise. The location of the hotel is prime. If you want to enjoy a stay at this fabulous address I suggest you take advantage of the four-night stay for $209 like we did. Save money on dining and get bigger servings of food by trying the Corner Bakery up the street or the South Water Kitchen for Zagat-rated dining at half the price of the breakfast at the Trump restaurant. Remember there is room-service and it is lovely, but know this: the prices match the service. In other words, be prepared to pay a lot for it. There is a $4 delivery charge plus additional rates that apply.
The room was lovely with in-room kitchen, fridge, safe, stove and utensils, but for what we needed the Spa was enough. The bathroom had a nice shower and tub, but the Spa outdid the inroom tub and shower. The narrow lay out of the room and the view from our room was somewhat dissatisfying since I would have preferred being up highter, and I kept whacking my knee on the bench at the foot of the bed facing the dresser and TV. We didn't use the pillow menu at all since I counted at least 6 pillows on our California King bed. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and the clock radio was a nice one.
The DVD player on our TV was not connected but my husband checked behind the TV and plugged the DVD player in so I could watch George Clinton's Funkadelic Video we bought for 11 bucks (along with a lot more great CD's and DVD's at the nearby F.Y.E. Store.) Each day you get an inspirational card by your bed, and free bottles of Trump Water. There is a complimentary turn-down at night that may or may not be annoying to some who are trying to dress to go out at night. There is free tea, and a variety of free espresso for the machine in your room.
As for the kitchen, I must say the fridge and countertops are somewhat cluttered with foodstuffs and treats they are trying to sell you. It was a struggle to put a piece of pizza in the fridge with all the bottles of booze and drinks in them. Note; Ice is not free. This hotel room could be an apartment you can cook in if you want.
I was worried throughout my stay that Trump International would not make it since there are so few customers visible, just staff. Perhaps it is a slow time in Chicago, but I hope that the staff and services continue and the hotel can make it in these times. \
We were the only two patrons at breakfast in Sixteen on Saturday morning. What I found irritating was a man in a suit who came to our table, did not introduce himself but started asking us questions. Here is what we want. Leave us alone, unless you tell us who you are and what it is you want. If you think we want to meet you, think again. In spite of strangers interrupting us in mouthfuls of food, the restaurent was ok, but very, very expensive. A glass of orange juice is 7 dollars, eggs are 8 dollars. The menu is limited and the servings are really small, but the coffee is good. Trump hires a lot of immigrants and this is the nature of city-dwellers. Nevertheless, take our advice, lay off the questions and leave us alone is the motto of utter discretion. While I know this guy, whoever he was, was trying to be friendly, we are on vacation and do not want to have to make nice, especially to strangers. The staff could do with more training. The lady at the front-desk didn't know whether there was a breakfast menu or buffet served in the mornings at the restaurent, nor did she know how the in-room fast check out on the TV menu worked.
She eventually found out the answers to my questions but did not know things off the top of her head!
8 things to do in Chicago: Go to the Museum of Science and Industry, Visit Macy's = the old Marshall Fields men store, on State. Go to a Broadway show in the Theatre District, Go to Lincoln Park Zoo, and Conservatory. Visit the Chicago Institute of Art. Go to the Millenium Park. Visit Imax at Navy Pier (we just saw Avatar in 3-D on Imax) Check out Buddy Guy in concert if you can! We did and he was great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago