We stayed at this Residence Inn using a Marriott Rewards Certificate. So, needless to say, this impacts my peception of value in that I would probably be somewhat more critical if I had spend money on the room. OK, for the good:
1. Location is great.
2. The room was clean, quiet, and everything worked.
3. The lobby was nice.
The not as good:
1. As other reviewers have mentioned, the staff are indifferent. Most of them aren't unfriendly per se, they just don't offer any real assistance unless you ask. Once you do ask, some are helpful, some aren't. This goes for the front desk staff as well as the doormen.
2. The check-in procedure set's the wrong tone. The hotel seems to allow for no early check-in so by 3:00 pm there were a lot of people waiting to check in . This creates stress and anxiety for the guest and the front desk staff. They simply need to do better.
3. You have to go to the front desk to check out. I waited in line for 20 minutes just to be told that there was no charge and I could leave. It's 2011; surely there is a way for this property to upgrade to an electronic check out.
In summary, there are good things about this hotel but there are also things that are frustrating. I can tell you that the new GM told me via email that he is genuinely interested in improving the level of service so it will be interesting to see if he is ultimately successful. His interest in the feeback of his guests is the reason I am rating this property 4-stars instead of 3.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Residence Inn Chicago Downtown River North located just north of the Loop, offers pet-friendly suites and convenient perks in the heart of downtown. Our Chicago River North hotel is only minutes from the Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science & Industry. Surrounded by Chicago's best restaurants, every appetite will be satisfied. If you don't feel like dining out, we offer room service from Hub 51 by Lettuce Entertain You, or you can hit the brand new, Holloway's Bar in the lobby. Each suite also has a fully-equipped kitchen with all the cooking necessities. Our newly-renovated suites also have flat-screen HD TVs, free WiFi and 50% more space than traditional hotel rooms featuring brand new mattresses + linens, new carpeting and stylish new pull-out sofas. Take advantage of full-service amenities such as valet/self-parking options, free breakfast, 24-hour gym, or top-floor indoor pool & hot tub with fantastic city views. Enjoy the value of the Residence Inn brand in vibrant downtown Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Chicago Downtown / River North Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Residence Inn