“Excellent value for Money and product”

Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North
Ranked #42 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Fantastic location downtown - excellent choice of Restaurants, Bars, Michigan Ave Shopping all walking distance

Free breakfast
Three times weekly Free Cocktail and Buffet in the evenings

Excellent facilities - large Fridge and fully equipped kitchen

Very very good and friendly staff, housekeeping excellent, front desk excellent, breakfast staff excellent !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John013
RIMARRIOTT410, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for the kind 4-Star review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the room, staff, and value. We hope to have you back again!

AGM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights with our nieces and nephew. The two room suite was roomy and clean, although a second bathroom would've made it easier. The breakfast was good for a free continental. We will stay here again when in town with kids.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Aaron B

Thank you for the nice comments about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I am also glad to hear you'll be staying here again the next time you visit downtown Chicago!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have been faithful to Residence Inn for many years and this location did not let us down. We took a studio for a family of four and it was OK, not the best we have ever had but great views from 23rd floor. Breakfast was very good but as always busy after 7.30. This location was great for restaurants and has a very active weekend scene.

We spent 7 days in Chicago and did the usual tourist things and had a great time (wonderful weather). For the Loop and Michigan Av shopping this is a good location if you are willing to walk for 10 to 15 mins.

We would stay here again. Bathroom was spotless.

Room Tip: Chicago is very loud with regular fire truck, police or ambulance sirens so go for a high floor. A r...
2  Thank DavidBahamas
RIMARRIOTT410, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you so much for the very nice 4-Star review!. I am so glad you enjoyed your 7 days at our hotel. I truly hope to have you and your family back to our hotel the next time you visit Chicago!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

As a family of four including two teenagers we had a wonderful 5 night stay at this hotel. The sofa bed was perfectly adequate in the sitting room and there was plenty of space for all our luggage. Our suite on the 4th floor had views over the rooftops and there was no street noise at all. The kitchen area was immaculate and stocked with everything you could possibly need.

The free breakfast is astonishingly good with slight variations every day. The wonderful lady in charge would come round each morning asking if you wanted to take fruit with you for the day. We never had a problem getting a table but even if you did you can take breakfast up to your room easily with boxes provided for this purpose. On one of our weekday evenings we had the complimentary dinner and wine which worked out very well before heading off to Wrigley Field.

The location is outstanding. So easy to walk everywhere and right in the heart of an area full of interesting restaurants. It feels very safe.

Every single member of staff we happened to walk past from chamber maids to reception staff to valets went out of their way to greet us. This is a great example of Marriott Residence at its best.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dallys

Thank you so much for this awesome 5-Star review! We take great pride in our customer service and I'm glad every member of our team you encountered went out of his or her way to take great care of you! I'm also glad you truly enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property for 5 nights last week and found this hotel to be an ideal choice for a medium business trip. I appreciated the hotel was well maintained and nice. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The front desk staff were super nice and would always greet you upon passing. The woman who runs the free (very good) morning breakfast is the best I've ever seen. She treats you as if you were her own family. The location was ideal for my business trip in the loop and the neighborhood boasts many dining and beverage options from casual to high end. I only felt compelled to leave this area to head to my office and the occasional tourist attraction. The parking is expensive at $62/night for valet, but it is Chicago and that's just how it is. Another down side was the very high percentage of families with kids staying here. That seemed a bit odd, as all other Residence Inns I have stayed at in the past were full of primarily business travelers. It was a minor inconvenience and annoyance, but summer in Chicago tends to breed large numbers of tourists. The rooms were nice and of standard Residence Inn issue. I was comfortable in the room and had a great view of major downtown skyscrapers from my 14th floor room. I travel to Chicago often and will definitely be staying here moving forward.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brewerboy83
RIMARRIOTT410, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thanks so much for the nice 4-Star review! I'm so glad you enjoyed our "super nice" front desk staff as we take great pride in our service. We are happy to hear you'll be staying again the next time you visit DT Chicago!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

this was our first visit to Chicago, travelling with young children and another family. The location is fantastic for doing the standard tourist things in Chicago. All the staff have been wonderful including the great Ismeta and Sanli as everyone reading these reviews will know; they deserve all the praise they receive as they are excellent at customer service. There must be many other unseen staff from housekeeping, room and guest services that make the property efficient and met all our expectations. The room we stayed in was properly cleaned and requests for additional towels, ice etc were always addresses immediately.

I will recommend this property to anyone who asked; this review is being written while we are still at the property given it has exceeded our expectations already!

1  Thank Angelo M

Thank you so much for the really nice 5-Star rating! I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel. I truly believe we have some of the best staff members in the industry and I'm glad they made a nice impression on you. We hope to have you back again the next time you visit the River North area!

Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for four months April 5th- August 8th, 2014. I must say we were all truly impressed. We received great service from the moment we walked in on the evening of Sunday, April 5th. The facilities are very well kept, clean and comfortable. The hot breakfast was amazing and offered lots of variety. Something for even the pickiest eaters.

I had my husband and two teenage boys with me which can sometimes be a handful in the area of keeping things clean. Our house keeper Luneatia Davis was amazing. She really took care of us. She learned all the things our family liked/needed and made sure she took care of us and always with a smile! All the staff was always pleasant as you traveled in and out of the hotel but there was one employee in particular (Tanesha Robinson) who really took the time to greet you with a very genuine care and concern. She cleans the lobby everyday and we always looked for to her smile. When she said have a nice day she truly ment it. Conrad Henry the Bellmen was always cheerful and eager to help.
And last but not least Iseta Bajrektarevc the Gate House Attendant was always a breath of fresh air. Every single morning she would greet us with a smile and kind words as if we were her own family. She has a way of making everyone feel really special. She always made sure everyone in the entire room was taken care of.
The thing that impressed me the most about the employees mentioned above is that they were amazing everyday! Never a bad attitude, never a mean word just genuine kindness everyday.

The only two things I had an issues with is the washing machines specificly washing machines #3, 5 & 8 the spin cycle on these machines did not work properly so at the end of the cycle you had soaking wet clothes. I reported it several times to the front desk but the machine conditions did not improve. I also had an issue with receiving mail. I had two items sent to me one was a greeting card for mothers day. I eventually did received the card but it was partially open and when I asked at the desk it turns out they had the card for three weeks but never notified me that it had arrived. I was also sent another greeting card for my children which had two target gift cards. I had asked about the mail for weeks but never received it. I recently spoke with the Assistant General Manager and he said he would have the staff look into it. I guess my kids will never get their gift cards from their Godmother.
Again we did have an excellent stay and great customer service from the staff. Thank you for making our time away from home comfortable and inviting. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Tracey G
RIMARRIOTT410, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Wow! What a genuinely nice 5-Star review! I want to say thank you very much for the amazing recognition you provided to all associates, especially some of our amazing associates in housekeeping. I appreciate you taking the time to find out the names of the associates that work hard to make sure your room and your hotel is one of the cleanest in DT Chicago! Thank you also for the very kind words regarding our breakfast and bellman associates. I will be forwarding these lovely comments to every member of our leadership team to recognize the wonderful contribution they have made during your stay! We hope to have you back again!