I stayed 2 nights at the WPI in the Garden Apartment room. I travel to Chicago frequently and usually stay in Michigan Ave./Streeterville area. I booked into the WPI because my daughter lives in the neighborhood and I wanted to be nearby. As such, the WPI was the only game in town. It is located just a few blocks from Milwaukee Ave. about equidistant between Division and North streets - right in the middle of Wicker Park.
The Garden Apartment room has a a lot going for it. The beds are big and the mattresses are firm and comfortable. In addition the bedding was very nice. The kitchenette is large enough to cook a meal for 2-4 people. The bathroom is decent-sized. But there are some quirks, too. First, it's in the basement of a building across the street from the main Inn building. That didn't bother me, but I can see where some might be surprised to be in a basement. This should really be disclosed in the room description on the website. Next, to get into the bathroom one must go up a 1/4 step to get in and then up another 2 steps to get to the toilet and sink. Several stubbed toes later I got used to it. Finally, there is a large load-bearing post in the middle of the bedroom which cuts into the otherwise spacious room.
One plus of being in the basement is that the room is very quiet. The El, which is only a block away, can be quite loud outside when it rumbles by, but I hardly noticed it inside.
This room would be particularly good for a small family or four close friends visiting the trendy Wicker Park neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wicker Park Inn is a Chicago Bed and Breakfast offering high quality yet affordable Chicago accommodations in a "trendy" neighborhood full of great restaurants, vintage and boutique shops, art galleries, cafes and nightlife. Each morning guests are greeted with pastries, rich coffee, fresh fruit and other breakfast goodies.Enjoy a Chicago hotel experience in this modern Chicago B&B. Each guestroom has a private bathroom, 300+ thread count sheets, satellite TV, wireless internet access and free parking. We're just minutes away from downtown Chicago, where you can enjoy Chicago attractions such as the Magnificent Mile, the Art Institute, Chicago Theaters, and Chicago Museums. With the privacy of a hotel and the warmth of home, the Wicker Park Inn Bed and Breakfast is a rewarding lodging alternative to a downtown Chicago hotel. Take advantage of 1-night minimum stay requirements Sunday- Thursday until September 30th, 2015! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Wicker Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wicker Park Hotel Chicago
- Wicker Park Bed Breakfast