We had an excellent stay at the Wicker Park Inn. We arrived at noon and were able to check into our room, the Wicker Park room, immediately. Manager Robin was very warm and personable upon check-in. She showed us into our room and gave us the run-down about parking and other inn-specific details. She was happy to answer any questions about the neighborhood and the city of Chicago, including El train information. The room itself was cozy with a sort of shabby-chic decor -- we're modern decor enthusiasts, but the room didn't put us off despite its lack of sleek surfaces and ultra-modern conveniences. (There is a fireplace in the room but we didn't inquire as to whether we could light it.) The television is small and gets Direct TV service. The bathroom was very clean and had new fixtures. There is no bathtub, only a shower, but that was ok with us. There is a small shelf to use for toiletries, but if you have many cosmetics and hair implements, you may have to keep some in the guest room rather than the bathroom. A hairdryer was provided.
Parking is on-street and requires use of the inn's temporary parking passes. You put a new one in your car window each morning; all you need will be provided to you at check-in. We had no trouble parking right in front of the inn, but we arrived mid-afternoon and didn't move our car until we checked out. If you're arriving at night, we noticed that parking was much tighter in the neighborhood after 6pm, so you may have to circle the block a few times to get a spot. The neighborhood itself is delightful. The residential streets were quiet and seemed to be populated by young families and professionals. The residential areas were very clean and kept-up. The main streets of the business district had every shopping and dining option you could imagine. We were thrilled to find so many vegetarian and vegan dining options in Wicker Park and nearby Bucktown. There were a lot of cool dive bars and nicer cocktail bars nearby. (Check out Violet Hour -- wow.) We didn't eat in the Wicker Park Inn because we're not really breakfast people, but Robin told us that we were welcome to stop in the kitchen anytime for a snack or to use the fridge.
Quiet hours are from 9:30pm until 7:30am, I believe, and indeed, the building was quiet during those hours. Our room was under the dining room or kitchen (I never went upstairs to find out exactly the layout) so when it was breakfast time at 7:30, sleeping became impossible. It's an old, creaky house. Fortunately, we didn't want to sleep much later than that anyway, but if you're someone who likes to sleep in, you might want to consult the innkeepers about which room would be most likely to allow for that. The only other noise was the El train, which came by at regular intervals during the day and evening. I never heard it in the middle of the night, and I am a light sleeper, so it must not be running during those hours. The inn is close to the Damon blue-line stop, so if you're going to the Loop and other downtown attractions, it's very convenient.
All in all, we highly recommend Wicker Park Inn to young (age 20s-40s) couples like us who are vacationing in Chicago. We think you will love it, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wicker Park Inn is a Chicago Bed and Breakfast offering high quality yet affordable Chicago accommodations in a "trendy" neighborhood full of great restaurants, vintage and boutique shops, art galleries, cafes and nightlife. Each morning guests are greeted with pastries, rich coffee, fresh fruit and other breakfast goodies.Enjoy a Chicago hotel experience in this modern Chicago B&B. Each guestroom has a private bathroom, 300+ thread count sheets, satellite TV, wireless internet access and free parking. We're just minutes away from downtown Chicago, where you can enjoy Chicago attractions such as the Magnificent Mile, the Art Institute, Chicago Theaters, and Chicago Museums. With the privacy of a hotel and the warmth of home, the Wicker Park Inn Bed and Breakfast is a rewarding lodging alternative to a downtown Chicago hotel. Take advantage of 1-night minimum stay requirements Sunday- Thursday until September 30th, 2015! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wicker Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wicker Park Hotel Chicago
- Wicker Park Bed Breakfast