I'll skip to the end, then go back to the beginning: The next time I visit Chicago, unless I am staying for free with friends or on business that requires me to stay downtown, I will be staying at the Wicker Park Inn. From start to finish, including via phone with the innkeeper before my wife and I even arrived in Chicago, both the people and the inn itself made our recent weekend trip to Chicago smooth and comfortable.
The inn is a comfortable bed and breakfast in a well-upgraded townhome-style building just off of Milwaukee Avenue, one of the main drags in Wicker Park. It's a little bit of a walk from the Damen train station, especially in the snow, but manageable. Our room (the Chicago room) was comfortable, and the en-suite bathroom was well-appointed. (My wife and I don't smoke, so the fact that the smoking balcony in this room was tiny and would have overlooked an alley just between the inn and the CTA train line didn't bother us.) The inn has a nice complement of snacks to nibble on all day, and of course has breakfast between 8 and 10. Breakfast itself didn't have much in the way of hot food, but had a good selection of other continental favorites, and we had already planned to be hitting some of the neighborhood brunch places anyway (there are some excellent ones in the area).
The on-site staff, Zaira and Angelica, were friendly, professional, and also accommodating when my wife and I asked to check out slightly later than the stated checkout time of 11 a.m., even though they had another arrival arriving for our room for later that afternoon.
There's a drugstore just around the corner and your pick of unique restaurants and nightlife hangouts within easy walking distance on the way out and easy staggering distance on the way back.
All in all, a great place to tuck in for the night after a long night out in one of Chicago's best neighborhoods.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wicker Park Inn is a Chicago Bed and Breakfast offering high quality yet affordable Chicago accommodations in a "trendy" neighborhood full of great restaurants, vintage and boutique shops, art galleries, cafes and nightlife. Each morning guests are greeted with pastries, rich coffee, fresh fruit and other breakfast goodies.Enjoy a Chicago hotel experience in this modern Chicago B&B. Each guestroom has a private bathroom, 300+ thread count sheets, satellite TV, wireless internet access and free parking. We're just minutes away from downtown Chicago, where you can enjoy Chicago attractions such as the Magnificent Mile, the Art Institute, Chicago Theaters, and Chicago Museums. With the privacy of a hotel and the warmth of home, the Wicker Park Inn Bed and Breakfast is a rewarding lodging alternative to a downtown Chicago hotel. Take advantage of 1-night minimum stay requirements Sunday- Thursday until September 30th, 2015! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Wicker Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wicker Park Hotel Chicago
- Wicker Park Bed Breakfast