“Noisy / Disappointing Breakfast”
Review of Wicker Park Inn

Wicker Park Inn
Ranked #7 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Wicker Park Inn is in a great location. I stayed in the Tuscan room. The room was very clean (except for the carpet which was so dirty I hated to take my shoes off) and spacious (except for the bathroom where there was no place to set anything down. The room is not well insulated, so not only could I hear the trains going by, I could also hear every phone conversation that the woman in the next room was having, as if she was actually in my room with me. This wouldn't have been such a big deal, except that she liked to start calling friends and family at 7AM EVERY morning! Also, the kitchen area must be directly above the Tuscan room, because I could hear footsteps, chairs scraping against the floor and coughing. The breakfast was very disappointing. Most B&B's I have stayed with provide a lovely home cooked breakfast, but the Wicker Park Inn provided a "help yourself" choice of cold ham & cheese sandwiches, cold cereal, pastries, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. After the first day I opted to get breakfast elsewhere. I'm not sure that I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed in the Arden apartment and then in the COD room. The garden apartment was amazing. Felt like my own apartment. I would so stay there again! As well as the cod room. I like the way that the rooms were apartments itself and the spacing in the room is very roomy. The price was great for a room like that.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 29 April 2014

With children living in the area for the last several years, we have been looking for the perfect place to stay when we visit. We have now found it! Can't say enough good about it--the location is very convenient, the whole place was spotlessly clean, the hosts were very friendly and accommodating, the breakfast and snacks were tasty and appreciated....it did not bother us (we are used to city noise) but the only downside might be the closeness of the "el" and its noise (earplugs were available right in the room, if needed) as we stayed in the Chicago room.
We look forward to another stay on our next visit to Chicago!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I used to live in Wicker Park - and the Wicker Park Inn was the perfect location for a stay in Chicago. It's just a block or so away from the 6 corners, which is just far enough away for it not to be loud or crazy (you can lightly hear the train, but I love the sound of the train so that's okay) and close enough to the restaurants, coffee shops, shopping & bars that make the neighborhood so fun. I did a self check in, which was perfect . The room was clean and comfortable, the bathroom was perfect - and the breakfast was lovely. Great coffee & tea and a lovely selection of pastries and fruit as well. A drug store a stone's throw from the Inn if you need anything at all, and the train a few steps more that gets you to downtown or anywhere else in the city you need to go. Love love love - highly recommend! (the employees were also lovely to deal with!)

Room Tip: I stayed in the Cape Cod room, which was right off the kitchen. Great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was amazed by how professional and courteous Robin Russo was, and all the ways she went above and beyond to accommodate me. From ensuring my check in was smooth due to my late arrival and payment accommodations due to my unique situation. I really felt at home. The house keeping was very courteous and professional too when it was time for them to do their thing. Honestly my only issue was no bath soap. I only had shampoo and conditioner available to me but i have no hair.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was our first stay at the Wicker Park Inn, but it will not be our last! Our daughter and son-in-law live in a small condo nearby and for years we have been trying to find a place to stay when we visit them that met our high standards and was convenient to them and the "el"! This is it! We stayed in the Wicker Park Room which is in the front of the Inn. It was very clean and comfortable. We were there 9 nights so it was starting to feel a lot like home by the time we left. Robin, the innkeeper, is very friendly and helpful. The free WiFi was extremely convenient as my husband had to work several days and he was able to do so from our room. As far as proximity to the el......if you are a light sleeper, I would recommend buying some cheap earplugs! Takes care of it and you can enjoy this gem of an inn in a very trendy part of Chicago! We will be back!

Room Tip: There are two apartments across the street that are part of the inn if you need more room. We prefer...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We have stayed at the Wicker Park Inn a number of times now and would likely return. The accommodations are clean and comfortable. The morning breakfast is very nice and the innkeepers are always accommodating and helpful. We have stayed in the Buckhorn apartment one time. The bed in the front room was very, very hard, this was 2 years ago though. Otherwise it suited us and our large group very well. We have recently stayed in the Tuscan room in the B&B. The bed is very comfortable. You need to be aware that the L trains are about 50 feet from your room. We can get used to it, but you should know what you're getting. What is wonderful is the Wicker Park neighborhood. Damon and Division streets are a great part of any Chicago trip (walking distance) and you are only about 10 minutes from downtown by train or car. Train at Damon St. is a fine way to get around, or a cab. Parking in front of the Inn is a bit limited, we only ever have a hard time if we get there later than 9ish. Can get interesting finding a place to park, but we eventually do in a block or two.

Room Tip: Hard to rate the location. You have a really great neighborhood with very few options for lodging b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family