“Exceptionally Considerate Service”

Ranked #6 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Nashville, Tennessee
“Exceptionally Considerate Service”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I booked a room here for my sister under crisis conditions. Her early afternoon flight from a small town in another state into O'Hare in Chicago was diverted due to an emergency at a nearby control tower. Her plane was sent first to Milwaukee, where passengers languished for many hours before being sent back to Chicago, where my sister discovered there would not be another plane to her destination here in Nashville TN until the following morning. Worse, due to thousands of other travelers being in the same predicament, all the hotels near the airport were already full. Hours later, my sister and I had both made numerous calls to hotels in various places. Most of the available rooms were scattered across various parts of the outlying Chicago area, and to those of us who are not familiar with Chicago and have never lived in a major city, these offerings represented considerable uncertainty, in particular, in regards to safety, for an older woman traveling alone. At last, I happened to luck out and find Wicker Park Inn via the internet, and the proprietor was kind enough to agree to take my sister in, at 10 p.m. at night. Furthermore, she greeted my sister's cab at curbside. Now, thanks to this lovely lady's hospitality, my sister and I, along with another female friend, are planning to get brave enough to be tourists in Chicago --- where we will definitely be staying at Wicker Park Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I wanted a one night getaway. We live in the suburbs, so we frequent the city. We decided to try out the Wicker Park Inn. We stayed in one of their apartments which is directly across the street from their bed and breakfast. It was too large for the 2 of us, but that was the only one they had available. Perfect that we got a chance to see this charming apartment, because now we will come back with our 4 kids...it had room for 6! It was clean, nicely decorated and was in the perfect location. We walked everywhere that day....restaurants, bars, shops and the park. After a long day it was nice to walk up to our own private entrance and relax. We felt like we were at home in the city and not in some hotel room. We cant wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Fashionable room, great breakfast in B&B just off Milwaukee Ave in Chicago. My room was directly inside from front door, quite spacious. Prices are fairly high in Chicago for rooms- this one was on the slightly lower side of the scale. It's in a pretty hip neighborhood. Good restaurants nearby. Lots of pubic transit available.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank MisterMunch
Dayton, Washington
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here a few days before heading downtown for work conference. Super fun neighborhood with great friendly people. Bars restaurants shops coffee houses and more. If you like vintage shopping, this is the place from high end to get your elbows dirty digging through racks. Found some amazing items. The Inn was great, felt like home - accommodated every request. Would give 4stars but for no bath tub. I'm a big bath taker. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The wicker park inn was just what we were looking for as a base for exploring the city. The room was spacious and beds comfortable with a convenient location for local pubs and restaurants. To get down to the loop and main attractions of Central Chicago we got the L train which was very close by.

• Stayed May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights during a business trip in March. My room was the Tuscan room, which was clean and looked just like the website photos. I felt a little bit uncomfortable about the room's "private entrance" on the side of the building. The door has a half moon window near the top with no covering, allowing any tall person walking past or any resident of the building across the court yard to see in (assuming proper lighting conditions - i.e. nighttime outside, lights on inside Tuscan room). The other thing I did not like about my room was its location beneath the breakfast room. My first morning I was awakened VERY early by chairs being dragged around. I was prepared for the noise of the train, which runs very close to the inn, but I was not prepared for the sound of feet/chairs moving overhead and for that reason I would not stay in this room again if I returned to this inn.

Besides those two concerns, I had a very favorable experience. The room was spacious and clean with tasteful decor, and the bed was very comfortable. I really liked the shampoo/conditioner that was provided! The free wi-fi worked very well and the staff was very friendly and even gave me directions so I wouldn't be late to a dinner meeting. The complimentary morning breakfast met my needs perfectly. The location was very convenient - I would stay here again, but I would pick a different room next time.

Room Tip: The Tuscan Room is beneath the breakfast room so be prepared for the sounds of feet/chairs overhead...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. We were visiting our daughter at DePaul University, in Lincoln Park. The location for our visit was perfect. It was in a very nice neighborhood with great restaurants in walking distance. We stayed in the Chicago Room which was spacious with a large bath and closet as well as a queen size bed and a single. The common area dining and kitchen felt like home with snacks available at all times. Robin, our host was also very helpful with ideas for activities on a rainy day. We also found parking on the street 3 different times though after 10 pm was a little difficult.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family