I booked a room here for my sister under crisis conditions. Her early afternoon flight from a small town in another state into O'Hare in Chicago was diverted due to an emergency at a nearby control tower. Her plane was sent first to Milwaukee, where passengers languished for many hours before being sent back to Chicago, where my sister discovered there would not be another plane to her destination here in Nashville TN until the following morning. Worse, due to thousands of other travelers being in the same predicament, all the hotels near the airport were already full. Hours later, my sister and I had both made numerous calls to hotels in various places. Most of the available rooms were scattered across various parts of the outlying Chicago area, and to those of us who are not familiar with Chicago and have never lived in a major city, these offerings represented considerable uncertainty, in particular, in regards to safety, for an older woman traveling alone. At last, I happened to luck out and find Wicker Park Inn via the internet, and the proprietor was kind enough to agree to take my sister in, at 10 p.m. at night. Furthermore, she greeted my sister's cab at curbside. Now, thanks to this lovely lady's hospitality, my sister and I, along with another female friend, are planning to get brave enough to be tourists in Chicago --- where we will definitely be staying at Wicker Park Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wicker Park Inn is a Chicago Bed and Breakfast offering high quality yet affordable Chicago accommodations in a "trendy" neighborhood full of great restaurants, vintage and boutique shops, art galleries, cafes and nightlife. Each morning guests are greeted with pastries, rich coffee, fresh fruit and other breakfast goodies.Enjoy a Chicago hotel experience in this modern Chicago B&B. Each guestroom has a private bathroom, 300+ thread count sheets, satellite TV, wireless internet access and free parking. We're just minutes away from downtown Chicago, where you can enjoy Chicago attractions such as the Magnificent Mile, the Art Institute, Chicago Theaters, and Chicago Museums. With the privacy of a hotel and the warmth of home, the Wicker Park Inn Bed and Breakfast is a rewarding lodging alternative to a downtown Chicago hotel. Take advantage of 1-night minimum stay requirements Sunday- Thursday until September 30th, 2015! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Wicker Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wicker Park Hotel Chicago
- Wicker Park Bed Breakfast