“eggplant to die for”

ORD
“eggplant to die for”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

So we went to Ed's Potsticker house at 3139 S Halsted
The soup dumplings as expected were ok at best.

We then tried the soft shell crab w/chili. Flash fried w/some scallion/chili goodness, the first serving was quite delicious but the second suffered from the effects of the crispy coating turning to mush, so I would suggest ordering this dish but on its own, enjoy it while hot/crispy, then order the next dish.

The next dish was a stunner, eggplant w/garlic sauce, holy cow, great stuff !! I've been dreaming of this dish since we had it, got to get back !!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank SweetWillie

Chicago, Illinois
“Best delivery Chinese in Chicago”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

This is our favorite place to have Chinese delivered. Very tasy and reasonably priced, I aprticularly like the Seafood Hot & sour soup and of course, the potstickers.

• Visited January 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
“Chinese cuisine with superb menu and variety”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Located in the Bridgeport neighborhood of Chicago, just south of the Loop, Ed's Potsticker House offers an authentic selection of Chinese delicacies, including Dim Sum items that I have never seen in the MidWest. The menu is extensive with a wide range of items. It provides something for every one. We ordered the House Special Potstickers and some Bao. For our main dish, we selected an Eggplant with Spicy Garlic sauce and a Shredded Pork with Bamboo shoots and mushrooms. The service was excellent, although I needed to remind our waiter to bring our drinks. The restaurant is decorated in a somewhat 60's style, bordering on kitsch. The food was extremely tasty, nicely prepared, with large portions that will satisfy the hungry. We asked for the leftovers to be packed, and the waiter did so efficiently. On my next trip, I will return and explore the menu again.

Bella Vista, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The food was fresh and arrived to our table soon after we ordered. The portions are very generous. Try the General's Chicken-it's the best I've had. We were able to find parking that was close the restaurant.

Visited April 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“FIrst place that I found Soup Dumplings in Chicago. Small but tasty dumplings with a perfect skin. The Steamed Buns...”
Reviewed 30 July 2010

FIrst place that I found Soup Dumplings in Chicago. Small but tasty dumplings with a perfect skin. The Steamed Buns with Red Bean Paste are awesome too. As traditional of a Shanghai restaurant that a guy that knows their cuisine, yet has not been can recommend.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook