“Delicious”

1,087 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,515 helpful votes
“Delicious”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This was the best pulled pork that I ever ate! I'm in love with this place! I'm not a meat or BBQ lover but I have to admit that my meal was amazing!
I had pulled pork with fries, corn bread and coleslaw... It was terrific! The sauce is really good!
My fiance tasted the St. Louis ribs and he loved too!
I highly recommend this place!

Visited December 2011

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Wow”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Chopped brisket sandwhich was unbelievable. Sides were very good and portions were large.

Illinois
“Fantastic Bar-B-Q”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Worth a hour drive to get some of the best bbq around, anywhere. The ribs were fantastic, the pork and brisket were superb, and the beans were some of the best, maybe even the best, I have ever had. I can't wait to go again.

Ontario, Canada
“First time at Chicago's Smoque, we'll be back!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We saw this place on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives so we thought we would adventure out and find it. We took the subway from down town and although we were a little nervous getting there once at Smoque it felt like a small neighbourhood joint. There were locals and a few police enjoying the place. I tried brisket and the ribs, both were excellent, my wife had pulled pork and she said it was great. I have my own smoker and the manager was very helpful when I asked him about their process of smoking the food. The sides of coleslaw, mac & cheese, and fries were all good. Give it a try it was good spot for bar-b-q. Guy Fieri liked it, we liked it, you should too.

• Visited March 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A Must Stop between Milw & Chicago”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Reviewing BBQ places is SOOOO subjective- wet mop or dry rub/ sauced in the kitchen or sauce on the table/ sweet sauce or spicy sauce. It's almost impossible to say that a BBQ place is good or bad based on flavor. A BBQ review should only be based on facility, service and quality of meat and other ingredients. So here goes-

My wife and I stop at Smoque every time we go to Chicago. It is some of the best BBQ i've had, served in a traditional setting. It's not very big inside, and there can be a line out the door. For the most part, other diners are good about leaving when they are done eating to help customer flow. The staff helps to make it clear to those that are lingering, that they should move along.

All items that we've had- pulled pork, brisket, sausage, mac n cheese, fries, and cornbread, have been extremely high quality. The coleslaw has the distinct presence of red onion which can be polarizing. All meats are moist and juicy, with a distinct smoke ring. The sauce (some of which is ladelled onto the meat and some served on the side) has very little sweetness and just enough heat to let you know it's there.

Smoque is a place that all BBQ lovers should give a try, located just west of 90/94 on Pulaski.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Yobs

Been to Smoque BBQ? Share your experiences!