“The line will tell you how delicious this is”

Scooter's Frozen Custard
Ranked #34 of 202 Dessert in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Get the concrete - your fixings are mixed in. They have at least 12 really good suggestions. I thought I would try them all, but I keep going back to my favorite - mocha snicker madness. Turtle sundae is another favorite in our house. The team is awesome, they take your order, smile and then quickly make it.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

A solid little neighborhood custard shop with a nice selection of mix-in's. They also have a walk up window on the side of the building if you're out for a dog walk or a bike ride - I think that's a great feature. Their custard is good not uniquely great. Their mix-in's are standard, nothing unexpected. Their young staff is efficient but not particularly helpful with suggestions of combinations to try or what they do best. In short, it's a cute place to take the kids for custard on a hot day. A nice family outing.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I went looking for the best custard place in Chicago and this lived up to its reputation. I had the daily special which had vanilla with peanut butter and chocolate covered pretzels. My son and wife loved their M&M concrete. If visiting Chicago here is my suggestion. Map this place out and swing by while heading back to the airport. It is on the way and you can avoid some highway traffic along the way.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stopped for a little dessert. The custard was smooth and very creamy, with great flavor. They don't try to overwhelm you with fancy flavors, either: it's chocolate, vanilla, and one or two others that change. This night it was "french toast," which sounded very interesting, though I went with the chocolate. Great for desserts.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I ate here before seeing a play at Stage 773, which is located a little ways to the east. The location (on Belmont, just west of Ashland and Lincoln) isn't really on the tourist radar, but it's not far from either the Paullina or Belmont 'L' stations. It's also well worth the trip from downtown. The service was quick and friendly, the prices are reasonable, and the custard is really quite good (quite a bit better than you'd find at, say, Culver's). I had a pecan pie "concrete" and a classic Chicago-style hot dog, and both were very good. The woman who managed the place went out of her way to make sure all the customers had a good experience. I'll very likely make a point of returning here on future visits to Chicago.

Been to Scooter's Frozen Custard? Share your experiences!