“Best Italian food on navy pier”
Review of Capi's Italian Kitchen - CLOSED

Capi's Italian Kitchen
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Detroit, Michigan
“Best Italian food on navy pier”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The host at the door welcomes you in first of all!! He playing and joking and inviting you in. You order from the wall while in line . So you know what you want already. The food is so good . I created a pizza and the hot bread with the white sauce is delicious. They was six of us and we all enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014

Groveland, Florida
“Wonderful Italian Food”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My mom and I decided to check this restaurant out while we were at the Navy Pier and we were very pleasantly surprised! The food was really good and tasted very fresh! We had bread sticks and shared the Alfredo and it was more than enough for both of us! We were both very satisfied with the meal! The staff was amazing - everyone we encountered was very friendly! The prices were right about what I would expect from this type of restaurant! I would love to eat there again!

• Visited May 2014
Oak Park, Illinois
“Wow - what a disappointment!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I'm a subscriber to Chicago Shakespeare, and rarely have time to grab a meal prior to the show. However, I had time recently to have what I thought would be a quick bite at Capi's. Not so. The staff, although incredibly nice and friendly, were completely overwhelmed by the onslaught of patrons. Bottom line - after waiting 45 minutes, we had to run to the theatre in order to avoid missing the show. No food ever arrived. Dinner consisted of a beer and a glass of water. Not much to get me through a 3 hour performance! Avoid at all costs. Harry Carey's is next door. Give it a shot instead.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rance C
Memphis, Tennessee
“Fresh food, good service and generous portions ”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here with friends before visiting the Children's Museum. The place is clean and light. Order at the counter but a server brings the food to your table. Really enjoyed the chopped Italian salad and fresh bread sticks. My daughters had the chicken parm and pomodoro. Both were very good. The kids meals come with gelato. Tiramisu was just ok.

1 Thank grits_are_good
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Not top Italian, but if you're hungry...”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Ok, we were hungry and on the Pier. We had a group of 9 aged 8 to 80. I thought that the food was lacking flavor, as did most everyone in the group, however all the plates were cleaned. No one left food. We were hungry and didn't want to start looking for another place off of the pier. The staff was very friendly and extremely accommodating to our group. They have a kids menu which was helpful for us. They are not a full service restaurant - you order your food at the counter and then they bring it to you. If your hungry and at the pier, this is a good choice. If you want authentic Italian in Chicago, this is not the place.

• Visited December 2013