“Dinner on Holiday weekend”
Review of Capi's Italian Kitchen - CLOSED

Capi's Italian Kitchen
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The host at the door was excellent. The line went faster than I thought it would. The set-up is that you place your order, then seat yourself. You are given a number to place on your table, so that a server can bring your order. We found a table that needed to be cleaned. A server from another area cleaned it off for us. I'm not sure that we ever saw the server that was supposed to be in our area. The food was just average, but I'm giving the restaurant a "good" score because of the staff. It was very crowded, I'm sure because of the holiday, so maybe the food would be better another time.

There are newer reviews for Capi's Italian Kitchen

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The host at the door welcomes you in first of all!! He playing and joking and inviting you in. You order from the wall while in line . So you know what you want already. The food is so good . I created a pizza and the hot bread with the white sauce is delicious. They was six of us and we all enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My mom and I decided to check this restaurant out while we were at the Navy Pier and we were very pleasantly surprised! The food was really good and tasted very fresh! We had bread sticks and shared the Alfredo and it was more than enough for both of us! We were both very satisfied with the meal! The staff was amazing - everyone we encountered was very friendly! The prices were right about what I would expect from this type of restaurant! I would love to eat there again!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I'm a subscriber to Chicago Shakespeare, and rarely have time to grab a meal prior to the show. However, I had time recently to have what I thought would be a quick bite at Capi's. Not so. The staff, although incredibly nice and friendly, were completely overwhelmed by the onslaught of patrons. Bottom line - after waiting 45 minutes, we had to run to the theatre in order to avoid missing the show. No food ever arrived. Dinner consisted of a beer and a glass of water. Not much to get me through a 3 hour performance! Avoid at all costs. Harry Carey's is next door. Give it a shot instead.

1  Thank Rance C
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here with friends before visiting the Children's Museum. The place is clean and light. Order at the counter but a server brings the food to your table. Really enjoyed the chopped Italian salad and fresh bread sticks. My daughters had the chicken parm and pomodoro. Both were very good. The kids meals come with gelato. Tiramisu was just ok.

1  Thank grits_are_good