“Great for girl's weekend”

Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
Ranked #9 of 99 Spas & Wellness in Chicago
MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great for girl's weekend”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I went with 2 other girlfriends for massages. One of the girls' services were delayed and they went over and above to make up for it. My friend got a 80 minute massage rather than the 50 minute that she had signed up for. My girlfriend and I that were not affected by the delay were offered wine and a complimentary make-up application (a $80 value).

Be sure to sign up for the refer a friend website: http://www.reddoorspas.com/promotions/referafriend.aspx for 20% off for you and your friend. That was a great way to help save money.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Julana19

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Too crowded to be relaxing”
Reviewed 17 June 2008

I had never been to a spa in Chicago and selected this with the assumption that the Red Doors are only located in posh shopping districts and therefore would be better than average. The locker room was extremely crowded and not spacious. I actually bumped into several other women because it lacked elbow room in the changing area. As to the nail treatment area........I was rushed through my "Express Pedicure" and then told "good bye." There was no little area to wait while your nails dried and no drying machines. The hostess, upon arrival asked me if I would like something to drink and then never returned with the drink. .....hardly the relaxing spa experience I was looking for.

3 Thank Iseult23
montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“NOT worth it”
Reviewed 9 December 2007

First of all, the "locker room" is extremely cramped and inconvenient. There is no place to sit down, so you have to "hop around" to take off shoes, etc.

I had a deep tissue massage, which was ok. The therapist was very nice, but, honestly, I have had better. But, the big shocker came when I went to pay. as it was $195 for an 80 minute massage - not including tip, of course. I have had massages and spa treatments all over the US and a few in Europe as well, and this was by far the most expensive. Granted, I should have checked the price ahead of time, but I never dreamed that it would be so pricey. Totally not worth it. It isn't as if you get "something extra" at this spa that other more reasonably priced spas don't have.

So, my advice is check around. This experence is not bad, just not worth what they charge.

2 Thank raddrMontana