San Soo Gab San Korean Restaurant & Sushi House
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Square
Hong Kong, China
“2.5”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This seems to be a very popular Korean BBQ place but we found the meats average at best, we had a party of 8 so we ordered quite a bit of food. The Kalbi beef ribs were not very well marinated and sliced too thin, the Korean Bacon are very dry and stiff nothing like the texture it suppose to be. Service is incredible, just give us the plates of food seeing the table is already full, we were holding these plates of raw meat why trying to eat and no one to help us clear the table.

• Visited February 2013

• Serbian first
Cleveland
“Good marinade for BBQ, over 20 side dishes”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Like everywhere I went in Chicago, the wait was around 1 hour. The place was packed and kind of chaotic. When we finally were seated, service was immediate- over twenty banchan were offered. Most were good, some were kind of odd (potato salad?). My friends got a seafood soup to share, which they said was really good. BBQ, which is DIY, was good. Everything was well-marinated, I especially enjoyed the squid, which can sometimes be tough but was quite tender. You have to want the experience to enjoy Korean BBQ, but if you do (or are interested in trying it out), I definitely recommend this place. It is located in the Lincoln Square area (someone else drove, so I'm not sure how central it is to everything- seemed like a 20 minute drive out of the main downtown area). Overall it's a fun time with friends!

Visited October 2012
Manistique
“An adventure!”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My husband & I had never been to a Korean restaurant before so it was definitely an adventure! (I don't like to cook at home so cooking my own food at a restaurant isn't something I want to do.) We couldn't get over so many side dishes but it was interesting to try some of them. We thought it was a little pricey and the service wasn't great either. We probably won't go again but we're glad that we tried it at least once.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MstqMI
Evanston, Illinois
“Great for lunch or big deal dinner”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

First the negatives, they put so much banchan on the table that it's hard to move & the parking lot will test your patience & parking skills. Better to park on Western or ride your bike. I had lunch here many times, love the bibimbop but our last visit was with our younger son who was leaving for college. You do the cooking on hot coals brought to the center of the table. We ordered & cooked marinated/spicy squid & bulgogi, both delicious. We also order the seafood/green onion omelette & the obligatory bibimbop. Way too much food with the copious banchan. Service was good, a hot day, we had beers & our server was attentive, keeping us well watered, removed and replenished plates & brought us a fresh grill when ours was overly carbonized. Lively place with couples, groups of friends & families. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2012
Granger, Indiana
“LOVE all the side dishes”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Yes I agree the service can be a hit or miss but the food is just AMAZING!! I go here everytime I visit Chicago. Sometimes the service is down right horrible and sometimes it's fine! Just went yesterday and it was fine. The food was great and I ate so much I thought I was going to burst. Hands down one of the BEST Korean places I have found. I love eating the side dishes more than anything else so that's why I love this place. Over 15 sides!!

• Visited July 2012