“Good Find”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Cross street: School/Aldine
Transit: Within a block of Clark, Belmont, and Halsted bus routes. One block from Red, Brown, and Purple lines.
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Located on a busy street in Lakeview, mixed retail and restaurants, this is a quiet oasis. Wine list by the glass has more than the standard listings. Menu has choices for all, including a vegan pizzette choice. Rabbit risotto is great choice for fall and winter, perfectly seasoned and nice proportion of rice to rabbit. Very friendly wait staff. Within easy walking distance to Wit Theater. Good choice for pre-theater bite. Will go back to try some ofthe interesting appetizer dishes.

There are newer reviews for Socca

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Had dinner at Socca while visiting family for the first time in Chicago. This restaurant was recommended and they were right. The waiter was very knowledgable of the wine list and the menu and helped us decide on wine and two different appetizers. The antipasta board was excellent. For dinner, all four of us ordered different items to try as much as possible. Everything we ordered was delicious, especially the grilled pork chop. Service was efficient without being intrusive or hurried. Even though we were full, we had spotted a delicious looking dessert pass by, so we ordered the chocolate hazelnut crustata to share. What a way to end a fabulous meal.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Except for dirty water glasses everything else was first rate. I started with shrimp appetizer and got the Flank Steak after seeing so many positive reviews on yelp. It was exceptionally good and cooked to perfection. My Side Car was also very tasty

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Perhaps it was because I was with a regular, but the service was exceptionally good and friendly. The kitchen was unfazed by our late arrival (after 10:30pm). Good and affordable wine selection, escargots en croute are amazing if you want to be completely self-indulgent. Nice atmosphere both in the bar and the dining room, and try to get a table by the window for some interesting people-watching!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

My boyfriend and I were recently in Chicago for the weekend and saw a scout mob special for Socca. We decided to give it a try for dinner. We got the shrimp pizzette to share as an app, and wow! Very fresh, the flavors really pop! We had to stop ourselves from eating it in like 5 seconds. For our mains, I got the short braised ribs agnolotti and he got the steak and frites. Unbelievable! My dish was so flavorful, not heavy at all. I even took some bread to dip in the leftover sauce, it was that kind of great! The steak was perfectly cooked with crispy frites and a garlic aioli dipping sauce. So the scout mob took half off the bill, what a steal! I would have gladly paid full price and more! What a lovely dinner. The staff is very attentive as well. We got there when they opened so we were seated right away. The place filled up pretty quick so it seems a popular place.

1  Thank explorer530