We visit Chicago frequently and like staying in a different place each time, preferably an old "grand dame"-style hotel. The Renaissance Blackstone is clearly the intersection of old and new, elegant and chic, with all kinds of amenities you'd expect from a property like this and then some. We checked in on a Thursday evening and were greeted with a mini-party and a complimentary cocktail of our choice. Desk clerk Erol did a wonderful job greeting us, ascertaining the purpose of our stay and helping us get to the best room for our occasion. We never had to wait long for service (even room service was prompt!) and the rooms were cleaned nicely. With a Starbuck's in the basement, direct access to Michigan Avenue and only a few blocks' walk from almost any other thing you needed, it was a great location (and don't miss the art exhibit on the Art Hall floor!).
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blackstone in downtown Chicago is a storied architectural icon rooted in the city's legendary past, but newly updated to deliver a distinguished hospitality experience for today's discerning traveler. Previously known as the Renaissance Blackstone, this recently revitalized destination is blooming as a point of cultural and creative discovery on the Cultural Mile. The Blackstone, where epic history meets a clever contemporary attitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Blackstone, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance