The hotel is beautiful and well located. The rooms are very nicely decorated and well laid out, very spacious. We slept well on their mattress'. The bathroom is roomy and nice as well. We had an issue with their cleaning procedures. When we walked into our room upon first receiving our key there was a large spill on the floor that had never been wiped up, by large I mean, 3' long X 1' wide. We had a full evening of activities planned and left immediately, I assumed it would be cleaned up the next day by house keeping. I told 3 different people, including a manager and a maid about the spill and it was never cleaned up in the 4 nights we stayed there. I know that it was not a permanent stain, as we thought this since it was not cleaned up the second day, because I wiped some of it up myself just to check. Also, one evening my husband had used a room glass to have a beer out of. The next day our children went to use a glass after maid service had been through and lucky I was pouring the drink for them, the glass was the same my husband had used the day before and had just been turned upside down and not switched, it clearly smelled of his beer. If this is how they clean there glasses it made me wonder if I had drank out of a glass that someone who had occupied the room before me had. It is regrettable that we had these experiences as the hotel is beautiful. I would rather stay at some place cheaper that has cleaner practices in the future. I would not recommend this to someone that likes a clean environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blackstone in downtown Chicago is a storied architectural icon rooted in the city's legendary past, but newly updated to deliver a distinguished hospitality experience for today's discerning traveler. Previously known as the Renaissance Blackstone, this recently revitalized destination is blooming as a point of cultural and creative discovery on the Cultural Mile. The Blackstone, where epic history meets a clever contemporary attitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Blackstone, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance