2,296 results
All reviewsgrant parkmercat a la planxaal caponethe concierge loungebuckingham fountainsoldier fieldart institutetv in the mirrormichigan avenuebeautiful hotela lake view roomthe museum campussliding doorclassic hotelshedd aquariumsouth looprain shower
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This historic hotel has been beautifully restored, creating an elegant ambiance that is an intriguing blend of retro touches and cool updates. The rooms are inviting, the views are stunning, and the food in the restaurant is outstanding, but what really sets this place apart is the amazing customer service. The housekeeping staff is not only responsive to any request, but also follows up - more than once if necessary - to make sure that each guests' needs are met. A friendly bellhop in the elevator asked how our stay was going and if there was anything he could do to enhance our visit, and when we expressed an interest in taking a tour, he volunteered to show us around personally.

When we asked for a recommendation for a nearby place to eat breakfast, the concierge not only gave us directions to an excellent place, but also gave us a card that allowed us to be seated almost immediately! Even as we prepared to leave, a staff member offered us bottles of water and directions to the highway on our way out. We were very impressed by the staff: without exception, everyone was friendly, outgoing, and willing to go the extra mile. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Wow, 1122334455,Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience here and especially pleased that the staff exceeded your expectations and went the extra mile. I will be sure to share this review with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I first stayed at the Blackstone Renaissance in October for a business meeting. I was very impressed and it has become my hotel of choice for business travel to the area.

This is an older, recently remodeled, hotel south of the city but still close enough to get to any business meetings very quickly.

The rooms are fabulous, the hotel staff extremely accommodating and the restaurant, is one of the best Tapas restaurants I have ever eaten at. It also serves a great breakfast.

All in all a hidden gem. Only thing missing is a nice lounge. There is a bar but it is a bit dark and doesn't fit with the excellence the rest of the hotel provides.

• Stayed: December 2013

Hi HD Hart,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! I am thrilled that we have become one of your favorites. I totally understand what you are saying about the lounge, Mercat does have a lounge area, upstairs, that is a bit brighter and nicer if you have ever tried that!
I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

After a long day of fighting traffic and weather this hotel was recommended to me by friends in the area as a "great place with great views".

When I arrived I was greeted warmly and friendly by the front desk staff and even though it was hectic beyond belief I was made to feel as if I was an old friend. The room was spacious and accommodating and The overall views of the surrounding area were quite pleasant.

Over all I wanted to give my stay four out of five stars.. This is one hotel I will come back to.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations!
Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My wife and I had a great time in Chicago. The hotel experience at the Blackstone made it even that much better. The staff was amazing from the moment we checked-in. The valet staff were very helpful in getting us to the places we wanted to go. The room was AMAZING. We would stay there again without a doubt. Also, it was nice to have a Starbucks part of the hotel. That was a bonus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Hi JBauer12!
Thank you so much for your kind comments! I will definitely share them with the staff. We so appreciate you taking the time to write a review and choosing th Blackstone for your visit to Chicago! I hope that we can welcome you back again soon!
Kim C.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I came to Chicago this December to have a weekend away with friends. We choose the Blackstone because of its amazing location (minutes away from all trans.) and from word of mouth. Glad we did. The minute you walk in you feel warm and welcomed. The front desk staff is kind and really makes you feel at home. The rooms are a good size for the area and well appointed. Our first night we had dinner at Mercat a la planxa the on-site tapas restaurant and was amazed. Food was excellent and the atmosphere was good as well. I plan on visiting the Blackstone every time I visit Chicago.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine for the price.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you MarshalK, for taking the time to write a review of the Blackstone Renaissance ! We so appreciate it. I am especially thrilled that you thought the staff was amazing and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them! As you know, the staff can make or break a hotel and I am thrilled to be able to say we have a fantastic team!
I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kim C.