We stayed here for one night over MLK weekend and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel has a great character and was once called the Hotel of Presidents as this is where they stayed when visiting Chicago.
The service at the check in desk was very helpful and quick - the lobby is very nicely decorated.
We stayed on the 9th floor - the Eames (sp?) floor. Nicely decorated and appointed.
If I were to complain about something it would be the bathroom door. What is the fascination with sliding doors as of late -yes they take up less space and probably cheaper, but they don't add much privacy for people in the room.
There is plenty of space for a regular door here - I am sure others would agree. We also used the fitness center on the 6th floor - which was quite spacious and clean.
We had breakfast in the restaurant and service was great and food was very good. Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blackstone in downtown Chicago is a storied architectural icon rooted in the city's legendary past, but newly updated to deliver a distinguished hospitality experience for today's discerning traveler. Previously known as the Renaissance Blackstone, this recently revitalized destination is blooming as a point of cultural and creative discovery on the Cultural Mile. The Blackstone, where epic history meets a clever contemporary attitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Blackstone, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance