“Amazing hotel with class”

The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
Ranked #36 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This place is absolutely amazing. From the moment you walk in the lobby and see the elegant decorations, to the time you take the quiet elevators to your floor you will be in awe of the elegance and modern touches of this hotel. The bathroom was amazing. Best I've ever had in a hotel. The water pressure was great, the room had central heating and air conditioning. Perfect stay in an elegant hotel. The staff were very friendly with every interaction. I'll definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Hello Tcogswell -
So happy that you enjoyed the hotel and can't wait to welcome you back again soon! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and post a picture - that area, the Art Hall, is really a special area to the hotel that has been beautifully restored and then complimented with some contemporary decorative touches!
Glad you enjoyed it.
Best regards

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at the Blackstone for one night in February for just a quick couples getaway. Got a great deal through Priceline. We arrived to the hotel just before 11:00 am and they allowed us to check in, which was great, as we had a lot of sightseeing to do! I hadn't planned on them letting us check in that early, so that was a pleasant surprise. Check in was quick and easy.

If you are planning on visiting the Field Museum and/or the Art Institute, this is a great location. Easy walking distance to both. If you plan on shopping on the Mag Mile, you might want something north of the river. This hotel is on Michigan, but it's a bit of a hike to where the shopping is.

We had one of the more basic rooms (as a result of using Priceline), but it was still roomy enough. Larger and nicer than the room we had a few months prior at the Rafaello Hotel. There was coffee in the room and bathrobes, which are always a nice touch. The bed was comfortable.

Overall, I liked this hotel a lot and would definitely stay here again, depending on what our plans where while in the city. I unfortunately did not have the opportunity to try the restaurant, although I wish I had.

FYI, there is a Starbucks off the lobby if you need something more than the in-room coffee. When I stopped in Sunday afternoon though for a latte, they were closed, which I thought was odd.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank LinseyLou

Hi Linseylou,
Thanks so much for your review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your getaway and enjoyed the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Stay longer next time! :)

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was such a pleasant surprise! The lobby is GORGEOUS! You could sit down there and observe all the intricate details all day. The best part is that although the lobby has maintained his historic look, the rooms are very modern. It's quite beautiful all around. The breakfast included is at the hotel restaurant which was also an awesome surprise. No continental breakfast here. I did a 7-course tasting menu. The food was great and they bring so much! Very good experience here and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Edahl874

Hi Edahl874 -
So happy that you loved the hotel!
It has been beautifully restored and a number of contemporary touches have been added so that it really feels relevant and up to date!
I hope that you come and visit us again soon.
Kim C.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel offers a valet parking for $60 a day. The valet parking which ends at 3 pm is relatively high when compared to the self parking around the hotel.
Another option is to go around the corner for a $25 self parking, heated and also u can use ur car as much as u want.

710 S Wabash Ave
Chicago, IL 60605-2111
United States

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Hsalloum
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hi Salloum,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel, but you are correct, parking in Downtown Chicago is quite expensive. With a historic hotel like ours, we do not have any parking spaces on property so we use an outside company, much like NYC! As you noted, there are more affordable options in the "neighborhood"! I hope you will come and visit us again!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have traveled all over the country and the Blackstone was one of my favorite places I have stayed by far. The rooms are not only very large they are decorated with a classic contemporary design which is different from any place I have ever seen. The restaurant was a Spanish tapas and the service and food were fantastic. The location was right by the lake and easy access to all the sites. There is a Starbucks in the Hotel which was a personal highlight since I did not have to walk multiple blocks to get my coffee. The customer service was excellent which was the icing on the cake. I will be staying there next time I visit Chicago and recommend it to anyone looking for a great place!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hi WBP - thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled that you not only enjoyed the hotel, but its one of your favorites. The customer service aspects are especially important to me, so thank you for mentioning the great service - you can have a beautiful building and great décor, but without great people - none of it matters! So thanks, and I will pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This used to be one of my favorite hotels in Chicago, but it is beginning to show wear and tear. Unfortunately, the details are being overlooked and it appears that money is not being spend to keep the Blackstone in good shape. This has been apparent during my last two visits, so it is quite disappointing. The service is great - particularly the valets and bellmen.

This time, the sheets and bedding in my room had tears. While I realize things can happen, the pictures show that housekeeping clearly had to have seen these tears, yet didn't change the bedding.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WJ2011

I am so sorry that you experienced the issues with your linens!! That is absolutely not acceptable and certainly is not because we are not keeping up with the hotel. The guest room attendant should never have used those linens on your bed. We use an outside laundry and with commercial laundry equipment there are times that they actually can rip the sheets. Please accept our apologies. I will get a hold of you, separately, to get some additional information so we can follow up!
I hope that you will give us another chance to show you just how great the Blackstone STILL is!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

First time at Blackstone on a business conference. There were other hotel choices but decided to explore another historic Chicago hotel. What I liked: friendly front desk greeting/check-in, easy access to lake front and Grant Park, pool table and free wi-fi on first floor lounge, spacious and quiet (interior courtyard) room, huge bathroom, coffee maker & fridge, fast elevators (to 17th floor), beautiful architecture & art gallery floor, Starbucks Coffee Shop (opens early) next to Mercat Restaurant, cocktail lounge (part of Mercat Restaurant), fully stocked work-out room with free weights/exercise & cardio equipment. The room service menu is not offered at Mercat (it is a separate operation) so if you want breakfast, you must order room service OR walk next door to another hotel. Also, the in-house convenience store was minimally stocked so had to make a run to the local CVS for extra supplies. The Blackstone does not have the "hustle/bustle" of a large convention hotel which may appeal to guests looking for a quieter hotel atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank lv2travelVirginia

Hi lv to travel Virginia,
Thank you for your most thorough review! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We love our hotel and are always happy when our guest do to!
We hope you will visit us again soon.