“I would definitely recommend this hotel!”

The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
Ranked #39 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Perkinston, MS
“I would definitely recommend this hotel!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance Blackstone. Everything went smoothly, no real issues. Most of the employees were very friendly and helpful. The only thing I would say is that during our stay I had a strong desire to tell a couple of the people at the front desk to smile, that life couldn't be that bad. They didn't do anything that was an issue, I just got the impression they were not happy in their job.

But there were plenty of other employees that made our stay quite enjoyable. I was especially impressed with the guys at the front door. Very cheerful, very happy, and always asking if they could help.

We had a queen/queen room that was at the end of the hallway, in the corner, and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Very quiet, with plenty of room. Not much of a view, all we could see was the rooms across the way, but we didn't really care about that.

Great bathroom with modern fixtures and the amount of space in the room was a pleasant surprise. Loved the Aveda products in the bathroom! I would like them to upgrade the towels, they are small and not very thick, but they served the purpose.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who stayed in Chicago.

1 Thank hapihart
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi Hapihart -
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate the fact that you would recommend it! I am, however, not happy that the team didn't look happy to work here! We are in the hospitality business because generally we love it - so I can assure you that we will take your comments to heart and hopefully help the team to provide a better experience for our guests.
I hope that you will visit us again soon!
Kim C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had the opportunity to take a "stay-cation" in Chicago, and am lucky to have spent it at The Blackstone. I've always admired the building with all of it's history, so I was thrilled to stay there. The room was excellent with a superb view of Grant Park, Lake Michigan, and Museum Campus. The service and staff were outstanding. The check-in process was a breeze, with very courteous and informative staff. I chatted with two concierge during my stay, Claire and Shannon, and both answered all of my questions and offered wonderful downtown restaurant recommendations. The location can not be beat. On Michigan Avenue, it's in walking distance to the loop for business travelers, as well as Museum Campus, the park, and the Mag Mile for leisure travelers.

Room Tip: I had a Southeast corner room, and the view was ridiculously amazing - Grant Park, Lake Michigan, an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Heather S
Hi Heather S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled that you chose the Blackstone Renaissance for your staycation destination and especially happy that you found it convenient to everything you wanted. I hope that you will come and visit us again soon.
mississippi
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a nice hotel, good location and crabby front desk clerk. Checked in, all ok up to the point that Mallory decided to be a B. We were there 2 days and almost left because of her attitude. Great rooms, bar and valets.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bob193
Hi bob 193!
WOW - I am so sorry to hear about your experience with our front desk agent. Generally, we get great comments about our team so please accept our apologies for what was obviously a bad situation. Can you let me know when you come back to Chicago? I would appreciate the opportunity to try to make it up to you and change your image about the team.
Thanks so much!
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Norma Munoz was very friendly and helpful. She went above and beyond to help out with our special requests. Entire staff was polite, friendly, and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Does not feel like a hotel overtaken by busy people in a hurry. Service still counts here.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Neeeeen
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello Neeeeen,
Thank you, thank you, thank you! We so appreciate you taking the time to write a review, to actually mention one of our fabulous associates, Norma, in the Executive Lounge AND to recognize how friendly and helpful our staff is! I can't tell you how much that means to the team and I will definitely pass on the praise! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Ohio
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I've been a guest at the Renaissance Blackstone several times and each time I enjoy it better than the last! This visit was enhanced by the top notch service afforded me in the Executive Lounge on the 23rd floor, particularly by Norma Munoz. I was stressed by computer and phone mishaps while trying to keep my work going and Ms. Munoz was a gem! I visited the lounge every evening for the appetizers and desserts offered and she always offered warm hospitality and a generous hand to keep me going with my work. I highly recommend a stay for business travel at this property. It's convenient, comfortable and offers amazing views!

Room Tip: Stay on the side that overlooks Millineum Park and Lake Michigan.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hi OhioLetsGo2,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and to specifically mention our fantastic associate, Norma, up in the Executive Lounge. I am thrilled to hear how helpful she is and so glad that you have returned again and again. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just completed another wonderful stay at the Blackstone. The rooms are always clean and comfortable and the staff is pleasant and accomodating. The hotel is in a great location -- on South Michigan Ave, across from grant park, and there are a variety different restaurants in walking distance of the hotel. Always my first choice when traveling to Chicago.

Hello JA Whitfield,
So happy to hear that we are your choice when you come to Chi-Town! As you well know, there are LOTS of hotels in the City and we are thrilled that you have experienced our unique historic gem, the Blackstone Renaissance Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for a weekend with my wife in August. Was in town to visit a client and catch a Cubs game. The Blackstone is a really cool, historic hotel right on the park that leads to the lake. Not far from Millenium Park or the L-train. Great for Magnificent Mile access and Wrigley Field.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt B
Hi Matt -
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! Thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and found it to be convenient to all that you did while in Chi-Town. Its a fun city and a great hotel! So thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.