This lovely, historical hotel has a great location and nicely decorated, comfortable rooms BUT...the quality of the staff doesn't match that of the building.
The front desk personnel are not as gracious, hospitable or elegant as the hotel building itself. For this location and price range, one expects a greater degree of customer service and a better--less surly-- attitude. Having stayed at many hotels like this, I can hazard a guess that the management here has cut back on staff and training. It's a shame that this hotel doesn't provide the wonderful service you'd expect from its outward appearance.
Room tips: the hotel is a block from the "El" train, so you'll hear it day and night unless you are on the east (lake-facing, $50 upgrade-paying) side. Even in a non-eastern side floor room on a very high floor still had this annoying noise. Also, beware the old plumbing in the hotel. When your neighbor showers, you'll know it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blackstone in downtown Chicago is a storied architectural icon rooted in the city's legendary past, but newly updated to deliver a distinguished hospitality experience for today's discerning traveler. Previously known as the Renaissance Blackstone, this recently revitalized destination is blooming as a point of cultural and creative discovery on the Cultural Mile. The Blackstone, where epic history meets a clever contemporary attitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Blackstone, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance