“Nice downtown hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice downtown hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Husband and I stayed here with our 2 children for 2 nights while visiting family. The rooms were nice, but we didn't spend any time in the hotel so I can't speak to the other amenities. Great location for walking along the Lake front.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hi Noelle B -
Thanks so much for taking the time to review the property! I'm glad that you enjoyed the room and sorry you didn't get a chance to experience everything else we have to offer! Let me know the next time you come to Chicago, would love to have you experience some of the other amenities of the property!
Kim C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I remember the old Blackstone Hotel quite well. Actually, this was my second stay there. The first one being a few years ago. I stayed there again just before Memorial Day. Marriott has done an exquisite job of blending of the old and new to create a beautiful and outstanding hotel with outstanding customer service.For some reason I was so fascinated with the old tiles in the elevators with a "B" in the center. Before I stayed there another family member was remembering it from years long past and a few days later they were there in the elevator!

The weather so so wonderful during our stay that we got up early and started walking to long after sunset so we didnt eat at the hotel but definitely plan to during our next stay.

The hotel and staff is certainly at the absolute top of customer service in so many ways. It was a delightful experience. We just wish we could have tweaked in a couple of more days there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank B G
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello BG,
Thank you sooo much for taking the time to write a review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and especially happy that you found the tem to be top notch! Please let me know the next time you visit the hotel, I would love to say hello!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at many fine hotels, but the Blackstone is in a league of it's own. Great location. The suite is heaven. I happen to be in a corner suite on the 15th floor. It's roomy and decorated with modern bookcase, desk, and huge bathroom. Great walk in shower. The breakfast in the Hubbard Lounge is delicious. Eggs, big country pieces of bacon, cereal, oatmeal, oj, coffee, and pastries. My view of the lake is amazing. I definitely plan to be back.

Room Tip: Right at the corner of Michigan and Balboa. Also looked on Wikipedia and saw several films have been...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Ty,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotel, the rooms and the executive lounge! I look forward to welcoming you back soon! The room you were in on the 15th floor was not an actual suite - let me know the next time you come and I'll try to get you one!
Pittsburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is very small .. housekeeping is slow. Our room wasn't ready . granted we did get there early. the front desk lady told us that she would call when the room was ready so my husband and i walked around chicago for 3 hours and no one ever called us. and no one apologized. there is no hotel shuttle. the cleaning was not great. a left over pill was on the floor. someone's else's hair was left over. I would not choose this property again. i got this room off priceline because my husband gets cheap when it comes to hotel room. i on the other hand prefer the Hyatt Regency in the loop or the W or even the real Renaissance Hotel. Not this awful overpriced knock off. and the air condition in the room was terrible and temperatures were rising in chicago.

Room Tip: my tip is to choose another hotel
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hi mrs. Jones,
I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your experience at the hotel. During this busy season when we go from sell out to sell out it is very difficult to provide early arrivals! I am unhappy that you didnt receive follow up and I can assure you I will follow up with the staff! I wish that you would give us another chance to make a better impression! Please let me know when you visit Chicago again!
Kim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I spent our Memorial Day weekend at the Blackstone and LOVED it. First off, the Blackstone is gorgeous and glamorously decorated. This landmark hotel has been restored and updated, mixing just enough new modern design with the old. I found the staff to be incredibly friendly and attentive even though it was a VERY busy weekend. Our room was amazing! I really wanted to take the Eames lounge chair home with me! The bed was super comfy with an abundance of pillows. The bathroom was large and luxurious with bright, but flattering lighting and stocked with Aveda products. Our view of Lake Michigan was spectacular, needless to say, but also I couldn't get enough of the Chicago skyline and old building roof tops. I overheard on the elevator that the gym is pretty nice, but I personally didn't check it out as I was too busy eating on my trip. There's an art hall featuring the work of local artists that's worth seeing whether you're a guest or not and an in-house Starbucks because everyone needs their caffeine fix. The downtown location is close to tourist attractions like the Art Institute of Chicago and Navy Pier. There's also plenty of trains and buses nearby that my husband and I took to all the fun neighborhoods in Chicago. Seriously, one of my favorite hotel experiences.

Hi Helen M!
Wow! Thank you so much for your review! I am thrilled that the Blackstone Renaissance was one of your favorite hotel experiences - we are honored and can't wait for you to come back again soon!
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a stellar stay at the Blackstone. The hotel itself is very charming and tastefully decorated. The rooms are spacious and ours had an amazing view down Michigan Ave and of the Chicago skyline. Staff was very friendly and helpful, answering any questions we had with a smile and giving us a great recommendation for brunch at Yolk just down the street. Finally, the location is super convenient, across the street from Millennium Park, a short walk up Michigan from the river and the Gold Coast, and easy access to several CTA stops with good connection to O'hare. Highly recommended!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kimberly C, General Manager at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hi stuckinschool!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate all that you mentioned including how great the staff was - how convenient the location is and how great the rooms are. I sure hope that you will come and visit us again soon!
Thanks so much,
DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came to Chicago to see the sites and eat the food. The view of the Chicago skyline from our room was so amazing we left the curtains open at night! The accommodations and staff are first rate. Pool table in the lobby too! Ask the front desk for a card and you can get first class service at the best brunch place in town...Yolk!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello, Runchef!
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and especially happy that you got a room with a great view and had such a nice getaway!
I hope that you will come and visit us again soon.