“Surprise, surprise! Another great stay!”

The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
Ranked #38 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I was only in town for the night, but had a great stay as usual. The staff is always friendly and welcoming, which is so refreshing, especially when you're on the road a lot. Great people make all the difference and you've got them. Keep up the good work!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Steve Y
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you Steve Y for taking the time to write a review!!! I so appreciate your feedback about our staff and how friendly they are! I will definitely pass on your comments!
Hope to see you again soon.
Kim C

Write a ReviewReviews (2,140)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were in Chicago for a music festival at Soldiers Field and this location was perfect! We were able to walk home from the venue all 3 nights. We went with another couple and their room (616) had a bar area and chair with ottoman...ours did not (615). So, all of the rooms are a little different. The bed was very comfortable for me and my husband, which is amazing since we never agree on beds. We loved the decor in the room and the bathroom was really spacious and GORGEOUS. It is an open shower so you don't have the steam to keep you warm if not under the water. The bathroom doors slide on tracks so there is a one inch gap where the door isn't flat against the wall. Modesty & sound could be an issue if you were sharing a room with someone you aren't TOTALLY comfortable with. LOL! As a whole, we all loved the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maintzmo

Thank you, Maintzmo, for taking the time to write a review! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, thought it was a great location and appreciated our gorgeous décor and bathrooms!
We hope that you will visit us again, soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

As others have noted, the hotel is lovely. I was at the property for five nights, including a weekend. The room was huge, and surprisingly quiet. Also, the air conditioning worked well, which is not always the case in hotels. The exec event renovations to the bathrooms were great. Very spacious, my only complaint about the hotel, and the reason for only a very good, is that the towels in the bathroom we're awful, threadbare, each and every day. It is time to invest in new towels that better reflect the quality of the hotel.

The beginning of my stay was for a conference, and the hotel did a great job with the food and beverage services. The restaurant is very nice.

It is waking distance to the museum area of Chicago, and we had a great time visiting those attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank TravelerT796
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hello Traveler T,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel as well as the location! I am so sorry that your towels were bad! I am definitely going to look into it as the team is supposed to remove the towels out of circulation that are worn. Obviously that didn't happen and I apologize. I hope that you will give us another chance!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at the Renaissance Hotel for three nights for business. The room was very comfortable, updated, nice bathrooms, great service. The restaurant in the lobby, the Mercat, is a tapas restaurant with absolutely excellent food and great service. It is walking distance from many of Chicago's attractions, including Millennium Park. If you ask for a room with a view, in the higher floors, you will have a fantastic view of Michigan Lake and the beautiful park in front of the hotel. My room 1522 was a great room. It is truly a nice place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sandra W

Hello, travel a_ok!
Glad that you enjoyed the hotel including the location! Its great to be able to mix a little bit of pleasure with business and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I traveled with my male friend to Chicago on a business trip. We spent 5 nights at this beautiful hotel. Everything about it was impressive...The lobby, the front desk staff, the housekeeping staff. The employees were wonderfully attentive and informative. So many things were in walking distance. This was my first visit to Chicago. ..and it won't be my last. Awesome place and location

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MadeinMT64

Dear MadeinMT -
So glad that you were able to come to Chicago and enjoy what a great city it really is! I'm glad that you are going to come back and thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

First time visit to Chicago for a conference, I stayed at the Renaissance Blackstone. A very beautiful hotel, ornate and lots of character. Lots of connections to Al Capone who used to roll in this neighbourhood and I believe with this hotel. I loved the lobby, pool table, with restaurant and Starbucks nearby. The room was very comfortable, the beds were great. The bathroom was really spacious and the walk in shower was a nice touch. I was concerned that I was far away from my conference centre (Fed Reserve Building) and all the action on the Magnificent Mile. But no, it's in a good location and very close to Grant Park/Art Institute/Millenium Park. And within walking distance from the wonderful smells of Garrett's Popcorn! Customer service was pretty decent for the most part...some of them were not as knowledgable on what to do/eat in Chicago as others. But they were pleasant. Only disappointment was that I was unable to get extended check in the day I left because my conference went until 1 pm and I was a 15 min walk away from the hotel. I had to find out at 7:30 am that morning and my conference started at 8 (had to walk 15 minutes to get there)...inconvenient to know so late. Otherwise a good stay and ok price compared to the JW Marriot.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, ask for a lakeside view or a view of Grant Park. All I had was a view of the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan H

Hello Dan H,
Thanks so very much for taking the time to review the hotel. I am thrilled that you found the location to be great and enjoyed the historic aspects of the hotel including the fact that this was one of Al Capone's hang outs. I am so sorry we weren't able to provide a late check out. Unfortunately, on those really busy days its often hard if we are sold out and have a large number of people trying to check-in. Let me know when you come back and I will try to do something special for you!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is an incredible example of historical Chicago architecture that has been completely modernized and maintained the fine finishes of yesteryear. I was impressed by the spacious and comfortable room with nice touches such as the rainhead shower. I was fortunte enough to be in a corner room with a view of the Willis Tower. The property sits on Michigan Avenue and across from Grant Park where you can walk directly out to Lake Michigan. The meeting space in the hotel was comfortable and quiet as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DigDox

Hello DigDox,
thanks very much for taking the time to write a review! I am so glad you enjoyed the restoration! It really is a beautifully restored historic hotel with some eclectic and interesting touches! Most of the meeting space is interesting, as well - glad you had a good trip and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.