The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
  • Room Service
US$424
US$357
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
US$158
  • Room Service
2,170 results
All reviewsgrant parkmercat a la planxathe concierge loungeal caponebuckingham fountainsoldier fieldart institutetv in the mirrorbeautiful hotelmichigan avea lake view roomthe museum campussliding doorclassic hotelshedd aquariumsouth loopnavy pier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We requested and received a room with a water view. We had a lovely view of the water and Grant Park.... Got some amazing window photos of sunrise and sunset over the water. The location of the hotel was ideal for the Taste of Chicago events at Grant Park. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant; however, the food provided at the concierge room was tasty. That room was very tiny and did not provide seating for enough people. The private booths were quite cozy and nice. We had breakfast in the Art Room and Crystal Ballroom through our event and the food and service were excellent. Our room was spacious enough but the desk chair was directly in front of the TV and had to be moved in order to view the TV from the bed. As others have stated, the sliding door to the bathroom provides little privacy and you better have all locks engaged on the door to hallway or maid will enter after slight taps on door.... and if you are behind that open sliding bathroom door, oops! They should leave extra towels on shelves in the bathroom. We had problems with refrigerator.. First time we complained it was not working/cooling and it was replaced with one much too noisy... That one was replaced by one too large to fit in the cabinet designed for refrigerator and was left positioned on the floor area... Not inside the cabinet...(The floor space was already too crowded with the desk chair that had to be shoved to the side to watch TV). We did not complain a third time and left it alone. We did have to tell front desk that someone's tray of food was in the hallway when we arrived and remained for two days. Housekeeping should have taken that and the broken glass left by another tray immediately without a guest having to point out what they were walking by. Although we liked the location and view, I am not certain we would select this particular hotel on a future visit.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Taihosan
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hello Taihosan!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so very sorry that we didn't exceed your expectations! The situation with the refrigerator is simply unacceptable. I assure you that I will follow up and see what the problem was as well as the problem with the room service tray. I have followed up with you under separate cover to try to get some additional information so that we can do our due diligence. I wish that you would give us another chance to make an amazing impression on you! Please contact me the next time you visit Chicago.
thanks so much,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The negative selections does not reflect management at all, this is for property owner or corporate.

The room: I wanted and paid for a view room facing Grant Park and the Lake. View was breathtaking on the 14th floor. The layout of this room was noticeably awkward and not functional. No dresser draws. There was a jewelry looking high two draw thing with a padded slot and mirror that was in the hallway soon as you walked in. The marble floor was a nice touch. The waterfall shower head nice however the glass half door was too short allowing the spray from taking a shower to fall to the floor. The TV sat on the desk with the chair directly in front of it. The bed was not comfortable at all. I'm not sure what the padding was but it was horrible, to include the pillows. Our mini fridge never got cold so we used the sink, filled with ice to keep our beverages cold. The decorations/style/motif was all over the place, nothing match, it was like they threw two or three centuries of interior design together, this was throughout the hotel as well, especially the lobby.

Now these eye catching, brow raising items does not make this a bad place. The service was wonderful. I believe the cost of my room was the view and view only, because I have been in smaller properties whose comfort and amenities topped this.

I visit Chicago every year and next year I will not stay at this property. Personal choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hi KLB -thank you very much for taking the time to write a review! We sure appreciate your feedback and I'm personally thrilled that you found the service to be wonderful.
I'm sorry you didn't love the décor - it is obviously a historic hotel with beautifully restored spaces coupled with some more modern, contemporary touches. Like you mentioned - its a personal choice but sure wish that you would visit us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked the Renaissance Blackstone Chicago hotel through Priceline for $110 a night for 7-9 July. I called the hotel on the morning of 7 July and found out that I only get 1 king bed for the Priceline room. I needed a room with two beds because I was traveling with my Wife and two kids. Luckily, Victoria Otte (Guest Services Manager) was able to help me. She was able to get us a room with two queen beds with a lake view for the same price. The room was nice and comfortable. The views of the lake, Grant Park and Buckingham Fountain were marvelous. This enabled my family and I to have a very enjoyable Chicago vacation. Thanks Mrs. Otte!

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dlgslg

Hello DLGSLG,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am glad that you enjoyed the property and very pleased that we were able to accommodate your requests for a room with two beds. I hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I just spent the last 5 nights staying at the historic Blackstone Hotel in downtown Chicago. I was there on business and enjoyed my stay there. The maid service was excellent, the rooms were clean, and the food at the restaurant is really good! Blackstone's location in the city makes it nice to get to Navy Pier and Millennium Park by walking a few blocks. There are also several good restaurants in the area, along with an excellent restaurant in the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a floor up high with a good view of Navy Pier and Lake Michigan. I didn't stay overnight there but I did have a chance to see it - the penthouse on the 23rd floor is unbelievable! Stunning views, spacious room, awesome place to host a party.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RGeertsen43

Hello RGeersten,
We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are very pleased that you enjoyed your 5 days with us!
I will pass your comments on to the staff - they will appreciate them, as do I. I hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Blackstone has hit that magic mark of an historic hotel that still has may of the antique touches, but has been thoughtfully updated for modern needs and tastes. The lobby is incredibly classic and pleasing.

The ROOMS: I got very lucky as a Marriott gold and was upgraded to the concierge floor. Just a beautiful incredibly spacious rooms. The views from the 22nd floor were great looking out on the park and a bit on the lake. The windows are a bit oddly shaped, but that's from the historic nature of the building. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was very spacious. Some quite nice details including lots of power outlets and a nice chest of drawers with hangers for getting ready.

The SERVICE was always friendly and professional. No complaints there at all.

The LOCATION is excellent. You're right on Michigan avenue. It's across the street from Grant Park and right in the loop. Easy access to shopping, museums, and the subway/train network.

Overall, I'm completely thrilled with my experience and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher floors looking towards the lake are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CountryPlusPlus

Hi Country Plus Plus,
Thank you so much for writing a review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and appreciated not only the historic aspects of the hotel but the updated, contemporary touches!
We look forward to your next visit!