My daughter and I arrived in Chicago and were warmly welcomed to the city as soon as we entered the Blackstone. The lobby is beautiful and unique. The desk clerk was enthusiastic and friendly. Upon hearing that it was our first trip to Chicago, she put us in a lake view room on the 14th floor! She then informed us about the Taste of Chicago Festival happening at Grant Park. Our room was absolutely lovely! I have stayed in hotels in many cities/countries and can honestly say that the bed was the most comfortable one of all. The hotel's location was perfect for us. It is a short walk to the Aquarium, Field Museum, Planetarium, Buckingham Fountain, and the Art Institute. Also, the bus (#3) runs continuously up and down Michigan Avenue if you want to visit the Magnificent Mile, from which you can take a free trolley out to Navy Pier. Just around the corner from the hotel is Buddy Guy's Legends (Blues Club). Lou Malnati's Pizza and Yolk (best breakfast EVER!) are each just a block or so away. The hotel has a cool Art Floor that is worth a visit, too. Although we didn't eat at the hotel, we did order room service. We ordered 2 cheeseburgers (that I ordered well done - big mistake) a glass of wine, and a pepsi. This was the only disappointment of the hotel. Each burger was almost $20, wine was $12 and I don't remember the cost of the pepsi. They charged a $5 delivery fee and then tacked on a 15% tip after that (sneaky) bringing the total to over $75. You expect to pay a lot for room service, but I thought that was plain silly. However, the room was fabulous, the staff extremely helpful, and the overall experience wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blackstone in downtown Chicago is a storied architectural icon rooted in the city's legendary past, but newly updated to deliver a distinguished hospitality experience for today's discerning traveler. Previously known as the Renaissance Blackstone, this recently revitalized destination is blooming as a point of cultural and creative discovery on the Cultural Mile. The Blackstone, where epic history meets a clever contemporary attitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Blackstone, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance