“Excellent hotel!”

Ranked #39 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Canton, Massachusetts
“Excellent hotel!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a great hotel and a great location! The concierge lounge is one of the best I have ever visited! It was very easy to get a cab outside the front door and the Mercat Restaurant was fantastic. I will be coming to Chicago regularly and I will definitely stay here again and again!

Room Tip: I had a view of State and Wabash out the back. Next time I will ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello The HumanVern -
So glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Blackstone Renaissance! We are thrilled that you will be coming back - please let me know when as I would like the opportunity to get you that view room - they really are amazing!
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!
Kim C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great room, but the weirdest bathroom I've ever seen. The sliding door did not close all the way which made the stay incredibly uncomfortable as we had to use the lobby bathroom for any sort of privacy. When we mentioned this to the front desk they said they were sorry and that was just the design. Who designs a bathroom where the door doesn't even close all the way? I think whoever built the door and doorway screwed up and they haven't bothered to fix it. I don't care how long you've been with someone or close you are with someone, for heaven's sake most people want their privacy in the bathroom!

Other than that VERY awkward part of the room, the hotel is very nice and rooms are nicely updated. Would only stay here again if the bathroom door "design" was changed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa10065
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We are actually in the process of modifying the doors to the bathrooms which should be complete by the end of the year. I appreciate the rest of your great comments and hope that you will visit with us again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I had a fantastic time at The Blackstone this past weekend. From the moment we walked into this historic gem we felt welcomed. We really enjoy historic hotels and knew The Blackstone was a treasure trove of Presidential stays and mobster visits. At check-in, Kristina greeted us with a warm smile as she provided a little background on the hotel, and gave us the best upgrade available - The Presidential suite! The room was the best we have ever stayed at, complete with a gold leaf fire place in the living room. Rory was also a delight throughout our visit, greeting us every time by name. These two were really wonderful at making the visit feel special. Thanks so much to the staff, and can't wait to visit again! - The Murrays

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheMurraysNYC
HI Murrays!!! thanks so much for the shout out to Kristina and Rory and for taking the time to write a review! I hope that your review would have been great if you were in just a regular room - which, by the way, are also great! I hope that you will come and visit with us again soon at the Blackstone Renaissance!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 August 2014

booked via Priceline and was very pleasantly surprised. Phenomenal friendly and professional service and the room was outstanding. Clean, updated,charming, comfy , chic. special touches like artwork and sightseeing books.Spacious bathroom with walk in shower and tons of counter space. I highly recommend this hotel and plan to return next time I am in Chicago.
I felt like I was in a very nice room in a lovely home instead of a hotel room.The bed was super comfy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jana M
Hi Jana M -
WOW! thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review! What you experienced is exactly what we are trying to accomplish - making this your home away from home! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Blackstone Renaissance!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I spent this past weekend in Chicago and stayed at this hotel....It is an historic hotel that has recently been renovated.... very nice lobby, clean, and the rooms were great.... we had a large room, sitting area, and great big bathroom with a partial view of the lake.... we bid on Priceline.com for 4 star and 5 star hotels and were able to get this hotel for 125.00 a night. A great deal.

Great location on Michigan avenue...two blocks to the Art Museum.... and you can park right across the street at Grant Underground for 34.00 a day....

The staff was great... they were very friendly, went out of their way to make sure our stay was positive... the Bell Boys and Valet were great....

I would highly recommend this hotel....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Paul30 - I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that the Blackstone Renaissance exceeded your expectations! I'm especially happy that you found the staff to be accommodating and friendly! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Blackstone (for the second time) on a Friday night. It's a gorgeous, historic building. The location is perfect for wandering around Chicago on a nice evening - Buckingham fountain, the Bean, the fountain with the faces whose name always escapes me - plenty to do and see.

As a Marriott Gold, we were upgraded to the concierge level. Unfortunately, on the weekend, that doesn't mean much since the lounge is closed. Golds and Platinums get a choice of 750 points breakfast vouchers on the weekend. We took the latter, and they can be used for a continental breakfast or $14/person off other breakfast menu items at the restaurant (which I'll review separately).

I can't really give any negatives. Closest to a complaint would be that my room wasn't ready at 3:15pm, although check-in time isn't until 4pm. They took my number and called shortly afterward to say it was ready. Rates aren't cheap here but the beauty, history, and location make it a worthwhile choice.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hello One Chicago Traveler,
I am so thrilled that you had to really think hard to find something to criticize! Your review made my day! Thank you so much for taking the time to write one! Let me know the next time you visit, I would enjoy saying hello!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here one night because I had a last minute change in travel plans and the other hotel I booked was full the other night. I wished I stayed here BOTH nights!

Amazing, Large, Luxurious Room! And the place was cheaper than the Marriott Medical District (where I stayed the other night) and NICER too!

I arrived late and left early, so I don't have much to say of all their amenities. I had breakfast delivered to my room and it was very good and delivered on-time.

Great location in downtown Chicago with easy access to public transportation.

I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi Heather!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I'm so glad that your "other" hotel was sold out so that you could come and experience the Blackstone Renaissance! I hope that the next time you can spend a little more time - let me know when you plan a return trip!