“Amazingly beautiful hotel”

The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
Ranked #38 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I was so fortunate to book this hotel blindly on a site like hotwire, and I will return for future trips. From the lobby to the bathrooms, the hotel was gorgeous and comfortable. The original artwork was especially delightful, the beds and bedding were amazing, and the service was impeccable. We could walk everywhere we wanted to go from the hotel, and we just couldn't have been happier with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank so much, LisaB, writing a review of the Renaissance Blackstone. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will return in the future! The property has over 1600 pieces of original art so I am thrilled you noticed and enjoyed them! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kim C

Write a ReviewReviews (2,137)

Reviewed 28 August 2014

The Blackstone is a great location for a weekend trip to Chicago. We had a connected king room with our double queen room. The rooms had been upgraded with contemporary bathrooms and furnishings and yet still maintained a classic feel. Our queen room was very spacious. The only drawback to our rooms was that our view was to an alley or back of building. A lake view would have been nice but more expensive. We were not in the room that much so just enjoyed having a beautiful place to stay that was close to Grant Park, a segway tour, the train, and restaurants. We parked the car in a lot not far away for two days and walked everywhere. You can have a valet park your car but they do not have parking at hotel. We took the train to the Cubs game. We did not eat at the hotel so cannot review restaurants in hotel. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Great place to stay and be in Chicago. We would go back again.

Room Tip: If you want a lake view, you need to ask for a room on that side of the hotel.

Hello Pakrfan!
Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review! The team appreciates your feedback and swe are very happy that you enjoyed your weekend getaway! You are correct that our lake view rooms are fantastic- but obviously there is a premium for those :)
Let me know the next time you come to chicago and we will try to spoil you!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The rooms were spotlessly clean. The mirrors and stainless steel did not have a single fingerprint on them when we arrived. The beds were made and the carpet was vacuumed each day. The towels were arranged nicely every day.

The staff was knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The "navigator," the concierge, was very knowledgeable about the downtown Chicago area and helped us find our way around the city. The navigator went so far as to show us on a map where several rooftop bars were in the city and printed off a list of rooftop bars so we could choose which one to go to.

I must add a word or two for the restaurant at the Renaissance Blackstone, the Mercat a la Planxa. I had dinner there my last night of my stay at the hotel, and the food was absolutely fantastic. Every dish was bursting with flavor and cooked to perfection. The waiter was also knowledgeable about every dish that was ordered.

Overall, staying at this hotel was an excellent experience. I would stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello JimG! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an awesome review on the Renaissance Blackstone! I am thrilled that you found everything to your liking including the fabulous restaurant and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I just stayed at the Blackstone for 4 nights. My first time in Chicago and I had no idea about the place prior to booking. When you walk in you immediately get a sense of the history of the building, the old world style lobby is stunning with the woodwork and metal railings. The place is very clean all around the general areas and the room as was very and neat. I rented the standard king room and it was up-to-date and modern with the old world feel. The stay was comfortable and the location across from the park was great for the morning runs I go on. Running the lake shore and river walk is great. My only 'needs improvement' would be the towels. They are thin and not fluffy and really low class for such a nice overall hotel. Towels upgrades should be a priority. I also was amazed the bar in the lower level was packed on Thursday night at 10pm and they closed. Everyone had to leave; didn't really like that. But the food in the restaurant, which is run by an Iron Chef, was amazing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richardr285

Thanks, Richard 325, for taking the time to write a review on the Blackstone Renaissance.
I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay including the location and the cleanliness of the property! We are in the process of upgrading our towels so I am sorry you didn't get some of the new ones! I will also pass on your comments regarding the bar to our F&B team! I hope that you will visit Chicago and the Blackstone again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I chose the Blackstone through Hotwire, so I had no idea of what I was getting into. What a lucky find! The room was lovely and spacious, the location was wonderful, and the staff were nice. Michael, one of the concierges, was very helpful about things to do and where to go. Even the valets were nice and we didn't even use valet! Speaking of valet...instead of using it, we paid for parking, which is nearby, but cost around $25, which is average for a city like this.

My niece and I were taking a road trip together, and we stayed in several hotels on our journey. Both she and I decided that the Blackstone was our favorite of all of them (and we stayed in some pretty nice hotels). The bathroom was just fabulous!

Our favorite part of our brief stay was the way we were treated...especially how everyone welcomed us "to the Blackstone" upon entering the hotel. It's just a really comfortable hotel with a very nice staff!

Hi PeggyVA,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay but especially happy that you thought the staff at the Blackstone Renaissance were great!
I hope that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had stayed at this hotel previously on business for a short time in February 2014. I had such a good experience then that we decided to book it for a five night vacation stay in August. We were treated exceptionally well and were very comfortable. The rooms are large, have small refrigerators. The fitness facility is excellent. The El is close enough that we used it to go everywhere we wanted to go that was out of walking range. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hi Joyce H -
Thank you so much for your fantastic comments! I am thrilled that you liked the Blackstone Renaissance enough the first time that you came back for a vacation! We really appreciate your business and hope that you will come and visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We loved the feel of the hotel and the cleanness of the hotel! The rooms were amazing. The staff was very friendly. The remodeling they had done is amazing without taking away the character of the hotel itself. I love the old style charm that they kept along with the trendy, elegant things they added.

Hello EricaD!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be really friendly! All of us here at the Blackstone Renaissance try to make your experiences in Chicago and your discoveries of our city, special!
I hope that you will visit us again soon.