Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great Tour, informative and comical

Martin H
Columbus, Ohio
One of our favorite beers, also great food!

rmpdu22

Chicago Pizza Tour
135 Reviews
from US$60.00
More Info
All reviews brewery tour fun tour beer tasting brewing process great brewery the beer making process pint glass to take home barrel aging toed shoes half pours chicago beer tasting room tour lasts west loop great company green line amazing tour
Reviewed 2 days ago

Came here as part of a couple's getaway in Chicago. My wife and I enjoyed the tour very much. Chris was a funny and knowledgeable guide who was generous with the beer and quick with a good joke. All the questions answered and the swag available to buy afterwards was very cool. We left feeling like huge fans of the brewery which for them I'm sure is more than the point of doing the tours. Would definitely recommend trying one of their bourbon barrel aged beers.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We just recently got a larger selection of Goose Island beer on the east coast so when we had some time in Chicago we had to stop by. I would highly recommend the tour. These guys have some impressive equipment and a great history. The brewery also serves some delicious food, i would highly recommend the poutine.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The brewery is out of the way but well worth the visit! Of course, the beer is good (it has been for years), but the tour was a good surprise. Our young guide Megan was excellent and could respond to (almost) all questions. Her dynamism, loud voice, and friendliness made the experience a success for all participants. She masters storytelling and gave us of course a few beers to taste. All very enjoyable!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went to Goose Island and did a brewery tour for a bachelorette party. It was awesome! You get great beers and a branded glass to take home. Plus, the tour guide was really fun, nice, and knowledgeable. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The brewery is situated close to the Ashland metro station on the green line. It's worth the travel and the 12$us/person if you stay downtown and enjoy drinking beer. First, if you have enough time, you can have a drink before: they have so many choices. We took the flight: 4 different beers on a degustation board. Then, the tour begins and you taste three different kind of beers while you go through the brewery. You can stay after the visit and have other drinks too. They do not really have food there. Would recommend it to anyone! Length of visit and drinks: approx 2 hours.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve lived in Chicago for 10 years and love Goose Island beers but never visited the brewery. My friend came to visit from Finland so I suggested we go. Our tour guide was Megan...friendly, upbeat, very knowledgeable and made the short 1 hour tour enjoyable! You get to try 3 different beers along the way while learning the process and history of Goose Island beer. Definitely worth checking out if you are a beer lover!

They also have a bar area you can go and try out different beers they are testing if you can’t make the tour or want to continue drinking after lol. Great company and beer. I’ll definitely be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Totally worth it! They show you around the factory, you taste 3 different beers and get a souvenir mug! Fantastic choice!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best tour I have ever been on. Learned lots of history on goose island beer along with a little bit of tasting as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, anyone who mentions looking for food in their review should be ignored. Goose Islands website clearly says they only have small cheese and meat plates at the taproom but you're welcome to bring your own food. I went to the taproom and brewery tour and loved both, it helps that I love their beer too. The tour guide was engaging and knowledgeable even though he had only worked there a few months. The tour is like any micro-brewery, most of their popular/national (i.e. 3-1-2) beers are brewed elsewhere, and goes by quick. The tours do cost and fill up quickly so plan in advance if it's more than just yourself going, tickets are for sale on their website which was easy to navigate. The taproom is moderately sized, clean, and has a nice almost modern wooden cabin feel.

1  Thank ToddB01
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Stopped in between flights while in Chicago O'Hare airport in terminal L. Plave was packed because it was dinner time, but we managed to get a table after a few minutes wait. Bet was cold and the sandwiches were tasty. Usual pub food on the go kinda place. Service was ok, a little slow but then again it was really busy. I would stop in again between flights if I have the chance.