We were here on business for a conference at the nearby Marriott. Location is great, but that's really it. We had a penthouse room with "direct access to the roof deck," but the door from our room was locked, permanently, so access was only possible through the hallway entrance. We were awakened at 4 am Sunday morning smelling smoke, then quickly realized it was from two idiots smoking cigars in the HALLWAY!
The comfortable bed was actually Murphy fold-out bed, which was, well, odd, and there was no dresser or armoire in the room, so it seems to function more as a hospitality suite when the doors to the adjacent room are unlocked. All in all, pretty drab. Lobby bar is dreadful, with a surly bartender, blaring techno music, and no sense of place whatsoever. All in all, very disappointed and won't return here. You can do better even at the Hilton Garden Inn nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the Windy City, without the high price, at the Inn of Chicago. Just a half-block from the famed Magnificent Mile - where the city's best shopping, dining, and nightlife can be found. We offer a reasonably affordable alternative to the more expensive Chicago boutique hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Inn of Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of Chicago Magnificent Mile, An Ascend Collection Hotel Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- Inn Chicago Magnificent Mile