Where do I begin...my plans to KY got cancelled so I ended up having to cancel that hotel and book a new one in Chicago instead. Thought this would be a great place and it was okay...but I wouldn't come again.
Got in early, couldn't check in. They told me to check back around 3. So I did. Not ready yet. Front desk agent was not friendly, no apology, nothing. An hour later, I was finally able to check in. There's no giftshop in the hotel to be able to buy drinks but you're in downtown Chicago so there's places nearby.
Valet is $52 a night (self parking isn't much better at $48), wifi is 14.95 for 24 hours. Apparently, it's a busy weekend for Chicago but I was only one of many who had to wait an extra hour for their room. People were still waiting.
The only bright spot in the staff I encountered was Vic who worked at valet. He was very friendly and helpful when it was evident the rest of us were becoming annoyed.
There's an iHome where you can charge your phone. (The one in my room didn't work....sigh..)
Beds are very comfy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the Windy City, without the high price, at the Inn of Chicago. Just a half-block from the famed Magnificent Mile - where the city's best shopping, dining, and nightlife can be found. We offer a reasonably affordable alternative to the more expensive Chicago boutique hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn of Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of Chicago Magnificent Mile, An Ascend Collection Hotel Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- Inn Chicago Magnificent Mile