Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
2,857 results
All reviewslincoln parkbusiness roombrown linegreat locationvalet parkingdepaul universitycubs gamebreakfast roomdonutsvalet servicestreet noisetrader joesdouble bedfree breakfastyogurtfront desk staffnorth side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2011

My friend and I spent a few days in Chicago visiting museums and stayed here. I wasn't sure about staying at a Days Inn but it was a perfect location. I was pleasantly surprised! It was a great hotel!! Front desk staff bent over backwards to be helpful, breakfast was great, and the room was huge with a nice bathroom! There were many restaurants near-by (we ate at La Creperie...very good!) and it was easy to get around the city. If I have anything to complain about it is the parking was a bit difficult. Theoretically, you can pull up in front and unload. When we arrived it was hard to find the drop-off site so we went directly to the parking garage and hauled our bags to the hotel. We got smarter when we checked out! All in all, It was a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Not to far from underground station. The room was a bit smaller than other hotels we stayed in in america and only had a double bed which seemed small compared to the other hotels.
Hotel spotlessly clean - bathroom - breakfast included and had a impressive variety of things.
Would recommend definitely.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a quick weekend trip to the city. It was perfect for the amount of time we were there. The room wasn't very big, but being only there for one night it wasn't much concern. The staff was very professional, helpful, and friendly. Be sure to grab breakfast before you leave! There were a lot of different food options and all very good. If you are looking for a good little pub there is one a few blocks away called the Duke of Perth. We stopped in to grab a quick bite and some drinks before heading to a concert.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I came to Chicago for a quick trip to see friends in a show, and picked this hotel for its proximity to the theater. I didn't expect much from a Days Inn, but the price was right. But the place has the great charm of an old hotel, and is very well maintained, spotlessly clean, and really quite nice. I would have expected to pay far more for a Chicago hotel. It's in the Lincoln Park district, so not in the Loop area, but there are trains nearby.

It's a very solid choice, and I'll be back if I have reason to be in this area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Douglas D
Reviewed 5 March 2011

We have stayed twice here in the last 3 months. Oyur daughter is planning on attending DePaul in the fall so we have been attending events etc.
The staff are wonderful, especially Neil and Anthony.
We paid the DePaul rate of $85.00 plus $22.00 for valet parking a night.
Complimentary breakfast is good,wit a waffle maker and great fresh squeezed orange juice. wifi in the lobby. Worked well. Free wifi in your room.
The rooms are so-so but the surrounding area is fabulous for shops and restaurants. The burger place next door is amazing(but expensive).
Overall good value for your money.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family