“Nice hotel, good location”

Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago
Ranked #95 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel was a great place to stay in Chicago. It was located in a great spot, near many stores, restaurants and different attractions. There was also a bus stop right outside so that was convenient as well. As far as the hotel itself, I was definitely impressed. I didn't know what to think but was reassured with our hotel choice as soon as I walked in to find a beautiful lobby and a friendly face waiting to check us in. The staff was kind and helpful if there was anything that we needed. The rooms were clean and comfortable with a desk, microwave/fridge/ironing board/iron and a nice bathroom as well. I slept just fine! I'm not much of a breakfast person so the continental breakfast of waffles, cereal, fruits and different pastries was perfect for me. Although I didn't use it, the little work-out area was cool also. Treadmills, other machines and free weights were provided. If in this area of Chicago again, I'll definitely be booking a room at the Days Inn on Diversey.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,828)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

EVERYONE was so kind and helpful, from answering CITY TRAVEL questions for a couple of RURAL people not used to Taxis, buses, trains, etc. to making sure EVERYTHING was perfect. We had a GREAT STAY...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Doug E.,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago. We're so glad to hear that our staff was able to assist you and make you feel comfortable with navigating Chicago. We know that sometimes it can seem a bit overwhelming! We appreciate you sharing your positive comments and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Days Inn on Diversey last weekend while in town for a wedding. This hotel definitely exceeded expectations I had for a Days Inn. The hotel is newly updated and very well cleaned and kept up. I seemed to always run into one of the housekeepers vacuuming anytime I was in the hallway! We were given room 203, a business suite, with a King bed, a very large sitting area and a microwave/fridge. The bathroom was very clean, and I appreciated all the toiletries, but especially liked seeing the pair of ear plugs included. This room faced a noisy street with two bus stops below, and while I'm a very heavy sleeper, I would expect the majority of people needing to use earplugs at some point of the night or morning.

I loved the location - it was less than a mile to the wedding at Salvatore's, and across the street from a giant two-story Walgreens, a Trader Joe's, and many other restaurants and bars. The only thing I didn't love was the valet service. It was a little annoying that there weren't in and out privileges, and the valet himself wasn't the most friendly guy. At first I wasn't sure if we were being ignored, if he had tunnel vision and couldn't see us standing there or what, but it was a very slow and awkward process both dropping off and picking up the car. Be sure to call the valet to bring your car before you even come downstairs check out. That way you can cut down the waiting time with all your bags in the lobby. I'd definitely stay at this hotel next time I'm in this area of Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melwhalen

Dear Melwhalen,
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago. We hope you enjoyed the wedding! Thank you for sharing your positive comments. We're especially pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. On the other hand, we do sincerely apologize that you did not have a positive experience with our valet service. Valet is provided for $26/night and does include in and out privileges. We apologize if it was not clear that you had the ability to go in and out at any time. We're also sorry to hear that you felt the valet was unpleasant, and we will look into this. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn Chicago, and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to the Windy City.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn on Diversey this past summer. The hotel itself was fantastic - the rooms were small, as we expected, but SUPER clean. We loved the location - close enough to walk to the El, and within walking distance of lots of great local restaurants. The staff was always helpful and courteous when we had questions about where to eat or how to get around in Chicago.

But what made this hotel stand out was when I had a terrible gallbladder attack the day before we were scheduled to leave. We checked out of the hotel, and they agreed to hold our bags as we left to go to the ER. I expected to be there a few hours, but the hospital elected to keep me overnight. I was released from the hospital at the height of the Pride parade, which was passing right on the corner near our hotel. We couldn't get a taxi, so we had to walk back to the hotel, where we were met with police barricades. They wouldn't let us through to get to our hotel, even though I had only just been released from the hospital.

My husband called the hotel because we had a train to catch, and we couldn't get to them to retrieve our bags. They brainstormed together about whether it would be possible to send our bags to the train station in a cab, but since no cabs could get to the hotel, that was a no-go. In the end, the hotel gave us a sizable discount on a room for an extra night, and gave us a super nice room on top of it all. It was such a relief after that horrible day to be able to just lie down and relax rather than going straight to the train station. I'll never forget that this hotel really came through for us when they didn't need to. That is what made my stay go from very good to remarkable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Noelie S.,
We remember you well! We enjoyed having you and your husband stay with us, and hope that all is going well for you. We're sorry that your trip had to include a visit to the ER and the troubles of navigating the city during the Pride parade, but we were more than happy to help you out and are glad to hear that were pleased with your experience at the Days Inn Chicago. We hope we may see you again in the future under better circumstances, and that you will choose to stay with us again at the Days Inn Chicago should your travels bring you back to the Windy City.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The hotel itself is immaculately clean and quiet. The staff at the front desk and housekeeping are phenomenal. The only issue I had the whole time was with the valet services- always rude and discourteous. Other than the valet, the hotel is awesome and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple