“Bits and sasholes muthaducka!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Chicago

Days Inn Chicago
Ranked #84 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago
“Bits and sasholes muthaducka!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

To Whom it May Concern,
My stay at the Daze Inn was absolutely fantastic. During our stay, my lovely girlfriend and I visited many nearby restaurants. We didn't experience any problems with the nearby Boystown, which is only a few blocks away... Heads up on that! The concierge was polite, however extremely awkward. On several occasions I felt that he was questioning my guests and I about our stay. We did go to a jam concert, but spit! We cleaned up after ourselves. I hope everybody else had a great weekend. Sorry I said spit.

Love,
denis Wrangler

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

This was my first trip to Chicago. My stay at the Days Inn was really personal.
I was handled with the best of service. The staff were all over the top. This is my Chicago home away from home. Thank you

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Latasha M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Marilyn C,

Thank you for your great comments. I love that you entitled your stay “Over the Top” what a great way to sum it up. We take pride in offering our customer the best service from the time they walk through the doors until they leave. We are glad to hear that you have found a home with us and we look forward to your next visit to Chicago.
Grand Rapids, Mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This (02/08/2014) was the second time we stayed at the Days Inn in the Lakeview neighborhood and we now consider ourselves "regulars." Our son, daughter-in-law and new grandson live in the area, so we visit fairly often, and since their condo is small (and now littered with baby paraphernalia), we stay in a hotel. We've stayed elsewhere in the area, paid even more than what Days Inn charges, and found ourselves in a dump. The Days Inn is a lovely, fully remodeled, very comfortable jewel, IMHO. All the staff are very cordial and eager to help with any questions / concerns, and the rooms are well-kept and comfortable. There is no additional charge for the high-speed wifi; they have a well-equipped exercise room (though I've not had occasion to use it); and they have a moderately good breakfast spread (and a large, clean, inviting breakfast room) that's included in the price of the room. My only disappointment about our stays is that breakfast never includes any protein, at least not when we've stayed there, not even a hard-boiled egg. This last time I noticed an empty, small ("dorm-sized"), glass-front refrigerator, and assuming it was for yogurt, I asked. I was told by the woman attending the breakfast foods that they only offer yogurt Monday-Friday. Hunh? What's with that? Other foods that *are* available -- at least on the weekend -- include a nice variety of (great!) bagels, croissants, dry cereals, instant oatmeal, waffle machine, bananas, coffee, tea, etc.; the usual continental breakfast. Like I said, it would be nice if they'd add a bit of protein....even on the weekend ;-) The Inn is located in a nice "walk-around" neighborhood full of small shops. Parking is an additional $26/ day (very reasonable in Chicago) and is valet only; you otherwise will have to find your own parking on the street ( not an easy task). Both times we stayed in a "Business Class Non-Smoking King Bed" room, paid the same price, but interestingly, although both were very nice, they were vastly different. The first room was on the small side and the second was huge -- I mean easily 2x the size of the first -- *and* it had TWO bathrooms, one full, the other half. I don't know if the nicer second room was because we we're return customers, or if it was just the luck of the draw, but it was certainly a nice surprise.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Red_Hibiscus51,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago in Lincoln Park/Lakeview! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and want to thank you for sharing your positive comments. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, and apologize for the lack of protein. We are in the process of updating our breakfast offerings, and are excited to share that we will soon be serving yogurt every day, and are looking into adding other protein options within the next few months. We're happy to hear that you enjoy staying in our business class king size rooms! Being a historic building, all rooms often vary in size, but if there is a specific room number that you like to stay in, feel free to request that same room on your next stay and we will be happy to accommodate that request if that room is available. Once again, we thank you for choosing us as your "go-to hotel in Chicago."