“Decent, but noisy.”

Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago
Ranked #91 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
“Decent, but noisy.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a Cubs game. Walking distance to Wrigley is 1.5 miles. The front desk clerk was a young woman with short hair that had the personality of a rock. Not rude, but not friendly either. The nicest person we encountered was the bellman. Valet parking is $25 a night. Breakfast provided, but very crowded and not enough seating. But for a free breakfast, you can deal with it. The room walls are paper thin. You can hear everything next door to you. There are fire trucks near by and traffic which kept me up. They do supply earplugs in the room, but there were only 2 pair in our room for 4 people. I'd stay here again in a pinch if I had to, simply for the location and clean rooms.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne W
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Anne W.,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean accommodations and exciting location in Lincoln Park near Wrigley Field. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than excellent stay. We recently expanded our breakfast room to accommodate a higher volume of guests, but there are still peak times when seating can be difficult. We do apologize that this was your experience. While we do supply two pair of earplugs in each room, we keep additional earplugs at the front desk which are available upon request. Should you choose to stay with us again, we recommend requesting an inside facing room as these rooms tend to be quieter than those facing the street. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your comments. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Chicago.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
St Louis, MO
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for a wedding for two nights. They let us check in early, and upgraded us without our asking, which was cool and appreciated. Front desk was friendly and helpful.

The hotel is a converted apartment building, so there is that feel, but not a bad way. The room we stayed in(1 queen bed) was spacious, and the bathroom was clean and serviceable.

Also the Valet Parking for $26 a night seems high, but is a good deal and really convenient. Breakfast was basic; no hot food except for waffle press; but it's included in the room price so was fine.

Tons of stuff to do in the area; cabs are everywhere, as is public transportation. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Bigperm86,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our friendly and helpful front desk staff, clean accommodations, and convenient valet parking. While $26 may seem high for valet parking, parking in Chicago presents a difficulty so we're happy to offer this rate which is very competitive with other area garages and half the price of those downtown. We're pleased to know that you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast, and recommend trying our hot oatmeal or omelettes on your next visit. We hope to welcome you back to the Days Inn Chicago should your travels bring you back to the Windy City!
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice over the past few weeks for a total of 4 nights while moving my daughter to Chicago. You can not beat this hotel for the price in the Lincoln Park/ Lakeview area. Diversy is a busy street, so we requested an interior room that faced a courtyard. The rooms varied in size but were very quiet, clean and comfortable. The free WiFi is nice, valet parking is cheap for Chicago ($26), the front desk and valet staff are friendly and helpful and the free breakfast was good.
I would definitely recommend this hotel when on a budget.

• Stayed July 2014
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Beth H.,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our quiet, clean, and comfortable accommodations. We are happy to offer our guests complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and economical valet parking, and are pleased to know that you appreciated these amenities. Thank you for your willingness to recommend us! We hope to welcome you back to the Days Inn Chicago in Lincoln Park/Lakeview on your next visit to Chicago.
Russellville, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2014

As many reviewers have stated the standard rooms are small. However, being a former Front Desk Manager for another hotel chain, I was impressed by the room. For their size the rooms are laid out well and make great use of their space and it was very well cleaned. I appreciate that the staff was friendly and helpful and the valet attendants, both the hotel staff and the contract company, were always available to help and ask how we were doing!

I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because of minor details. It would be helpful to have more outlets available in the rooms. There is limited counter space in the standard room’s bathrooms. And it would be helpful for the front desk to have wine bottle openers and bottle openers available for guest use.

Thank you for the great stay!

Room Tip: Spring for the Business class room! I will next time!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Spencer J.,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago and for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to hear that you were impressed with your room and that you had a great stay. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff members, and are glad to hear that they were friendly and helpful. Thank you for your suggestions. We are in the process of updating lamps in several of the rooms which will include additional outlets. Our front desk typically has corkscrews and bottle openers available for guest use, but these items are often borrowed and not returned. We will be replenishing our supply to ensure that we have these items the next time they are requested. Thanks again for sharing your comments! We hope to welcome you back to the Days Inn Chicago on your next trip to the Windy City.
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here by myself for one night last night because my daughter had orientation at DePaul and I was looking for a place that was close. Having valet parking was very helpful. The room was pretty small, but since I was staying by myself it wasn't an issue. The bathroom was very old and due for updating, but clean. It was actually kind of charming. It reminded me of a hotel I had stayed at in Ireland at a kid and I felt very at home there. I turned the air conditioner on right away and the room cooled off nicely. It made enough noise to drown out the city street noise that everyone was talking about. However, the air conditioner could not drown out the sound of what I think was the elevator banging away all night. I'm pretty sure my room was behind it (430). It wasn't loud enough to wake me from my sleep, but had I not been exhausted from the day's activities it might have. The whole time I was awake and watching tv I heard it. If the air conditioner was not on it would have driven me crazy and I would have asked to switch rooms. Other than that, the bed was super comfy, the room was very clean, the front desk was very nice, and it served it's purpose. I had some travel points that helped pay for the room, too, so that helped. I did not have any of the breakfast because I had planned to have breakfast with my daughter at DePaul, otherwise I would have taken advantage of that since it comes with the price of the room. I would recommend this hotel if you needed somewhere to stay the night that is close to DePaul or if you were going out for a night on the town and needed someplace to crash. I would definitely stay here again if I planned a fun night in the city or possibly for family weekend or other DePaul events.

Stayed July 2014
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear ramie724,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting nearby DePaul University. We are happy to know you were pleased with our comfortable beds, clean accommodations, and friendly front desk staff. We are sorry to hear that you were bothered by noise from the elevator during your stay. Should you choose to stay with us again, feel free to request a room away from the elevator and stairways. We always do our best to accommodate any guest requests. You can also request an inside facing room, as these tend to be quieter than those facing the street. Many, though not all, of our bathrooms have been recently renovated, especially those in our spacious Business Place rooms which offer larger accommodations and additional amenities including a microwave, minifridge, and complimentary daily snack pack. We appreciate your willingness to recommend us, and hope to welcome you back to the Days Inn Chicago on your next trip to visit your daughter at DePaul.
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Chicago a day ago. We had a wonderful stay. Our trip was a Father's Day gift to a Wrigley Field game as well as Wrigley tour. The hotel staff was awesome! Especially the desk clerk Jacqueline who was a tremendous help. There was no question asked she didn't address. We were also pleased with the cleanliness of the room and courtesy of everyone. I read the reviews before making the reservations and was not disappointed. We have stayed in many hotels during our travels this was a very pleasant stay. From the valet parking at the entrance to the room everyone was a professional. Great location with great restaurants and easy access to public transportation. When we return to Chicago this is where we will stay without a doubt.Thanks for making a great trip awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear J G,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your wonderful stay! We will gladly pass on your kind words to Jacqueline. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our friendly and helpful staff, and that we did not disappoint. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our exciting Lincoln Park location near great dining and steps from public transportation. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Chicago!