Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
  • Room Service
US$424
US$357
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
US$158
  • Room Service
2,859 results
All reviewslincoln parkbusiness roombrown linegreat locationvalet parkingdepaul universitycubs gamebreakfast roomdonutsvalet servicestreet noisetrader joesdouble bedfree breakfastyogurtfront desk staffnorth side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This Days Inn is not a motel as you usually think of Days Inns. It is a refurbished 1920's commercial hotel. The single, tiny elevator carries you up to the 2nd thru 4th floors (that;s all there is) to a narrow hallway which winds around in a huge rectangle. The room was typical DI - perfectly adequate and clean - the newer upscale bedding.
When they refurbished the hotel they didn't give much attention to the windows and outside urban noise. We were on the 2nd floor for 2 nights. Each night we were serenaded by drunks on the street and what sounded like the local chapter of the Hell's Angels having having an around the block race at 3 AM.
Other than that, it was fine.
Valet parking was available for $25 or $30. Taxis were readily available and hailed for us by the doorman.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2010

My first stay at this hotel was over the 4th of July weekend. I was beyond impressed with the location in comparison to other hotels, not only the cleanliness of the rooms or the professionalism of the hotel staff, that prompted me to stay again for my birthday in August and this is where I found out just how the could amaze me even more..y best friend came with me and had a fantastic birthday, at your establishment. As always, the staff was top notch, and can't find even one complaint. So I wanted to let you know how impressed i am with the house keeping. To let you know how fantastic of a cleaning job they did, i hadn't shaved in a week and thus, i had lots of facial hair. I trimmed it first, prior to shaving which left trimmings unfortunately scattered around. The next morning, when we left to let housekeeping do their thing, when i returned, I swear there was not even 1 hair trimming from the night before, ANYWHERE in that bathroom. I was amazed. I felt bad when i left that morning but their cleaning seemed virtually magic. I was impressed beyond belief.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. You don't have to spend a fortune to have great service and even then, doesn't guarantee you top notch service.

I am spoiled by your hotel and everything/everyone. Top notch all the way and will never stay anywhere else when i come to chicago and as u see on facebook, i recommend and give the highest praise to your property

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I have been here many times and have always intended to write a review because the staff here are so good, so friendly and informative and it is a real home from home in its approach to guests. It is not a luxurious hotel, but very clean and functional and good value for money. It is well located for restaurants and transport and in a nice little neighbourhood. I am writing this from reception which is small, welcoming and a friendly place to be. The meeting room is good and good value. it is right by reception so if you need anything the staff are right there. Jane from London

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I have stayed in this hotel twice as it is convenient to people that we visit in Chicago. The first time I stayed I had a room located "off the street". It was very quiet and I was quite pleased. The second time I stayed I ended up with a room that overlooked a busy street. It was ok but not very quiet due to fire engines, motorcycles etc. The free breakfast is quite good with a number of choices. Free internet is also a plus. I will stay here again, but request a room not facing Diversey.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I've found Days Inn hotels to be reliable - clean and really good values. The Days Inn at Lincoln Park is a really nice hotel. Don't expect 5 star luxury; just clean, nicely furnished rooms at very reasonable prices. A really good choice -

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family