“Wekend Get Away”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jenison, United States
“Wekend Get Away”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A great hotel....no, a GRAND HOTEL....always enjoy staying at the Chicago Hilton & Towers...when in Chicago this is the STAY AT HOTEL for business or pleasure, and the family will thank you for it! Clean Rooms, wonderful staff and amenities, Grant Park and Lake Michigan views....can't beat it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Michael H, Manager at Hilton Chicago, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our grand hotel and with the quality of service you received from our wonderful staff. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Chicago for your weekend getaway. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations with the great views and that you always enjoy staying with us! It is always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve.
We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I were in town to see a concert and chose this hotel because of the proximity to the venue, as well as other city attractions. The only good things about this hotel were the concierge (even thought we could never get them on the phone), Kitty O'Shea's pub and the double bathrooms in our room. The location was nice for our purposes. Other than that, our stay was very subpar. The things that contributed to the negative experience were: lady at the front desk was not friendly and seemed "put out" at our check-in, guests are not allowed to use the luggage carriers, there is a somewhat hefty cost for WiFi (even though I was told over the phone that we were getting it free but I didn't write down the person's name), the fridge that was in the room was removed and there is (you guessed it) a fee to have one, the air never got below 68 even though we had it set on 65, and guests have to pay to use the gym! When my husband called to inquire about the internet and fridge, the guest services lady argued with him about the fact that I had called the hotel to inquire about parking and internet! She was very rude. I understand that not all hotels offer things for free but I feel that if you're paying a higher price to stay in a nicer hotel, you should at least get free WiFi.

Room Tip: As for a view if that's important!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our location, Kitty O’sheas, your two bathroom room accommodations and with our Concierge.
Please accept my sincerest apology for the disappointments you experienced during your stay especially, with the level of service you received from our staff, your room accommodations, HVAC and internet/pool charges. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve.
We recently completed a renovations project on some of our guestrooms with more rooms planned for the near future. These renovations brought new amenities such as in-room safes and refrigerators so we truly hope you will visit us again and come enjoy a newly remodeled room. Also, complimentary internet service can be found in out lobby and restaurants. Please be assured, I have spoken to the Director of Front Office and Director of Communications to ensure any necessary re-training of the staff takes place.
We appreciate your feedback as it is feedback such as yours that enables us to focus on opportunities for improvements and training.
We hope you will allow us future opportunity to serve you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was my first time staying at a Hilton and it will be my last! I was charged $700 dollars for three nights which is reasonable considering it's a well known hotel in the heart of Chicago. However, when I first arrived I parked in a self parking lot. I was told upon check-in that the cost of self parking was $58 dollars, so I decided to relocate my car to the street. I had only been in the self parking for 10 minutes and was charged $15 dollars. I would encourage anyone staying at the hotel with a car to park across the street near the theater. The charge is 10-15 bucks for 10 hours. Street parking is $4 an hours and you'd need to keep returning to your car....

The room was very small and dusty. The ventilation was horrible, i could barely breath. I HATED my stay here. Although the bed was very comfortable, the entire, over all experience was horrible. Never again!

The name "Hilton" carries a lot of weight but I will never again be fooled.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelKid1232014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apology for the disappointments you experienced during your stay. I was very disappointed to hear you had an overall horrible experience. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve.
Please accept my sincerest apology for your disappointments with your room accommodations and our parking charges. Please be assured, we work hard to maintain one of the most competitive pricing for a large downtown area hotel on our products and services. We recently completed a renovations project on some of our guestrooms with more rooms planned for the near future. These renovations brought new amenities such as in-room safes and refrigerators so we truly hope you will visit us again and come enjoy a newly remodeled room

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Carsarra at the concierge desk was great! I arrived early am for a conference thankfully was able to get in my room quickly that was a bonus. My first day I had an issue with dining availability the food was good but service on first encounter was not so great. I advised Carsarra she gave a comp card for breakfast , she had head of dining call me and they provided me with an excellent comp dinner as well. All the staff was friendly , my room was clean and comfortable and I always enjoy the peter thomas Roth products for body care!! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation with the quality of service you received from our staff especially, Carsarra. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your comfortable room accommodations with the Peter Thomas Roth bath amenities. It is always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve.
I am pleased to hear you will definitely return!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in a room overlooking Grant Park, and can't think of a single negative thing I could say about this hotel. The staff were very friendly and welcoming upon check-in, and gave us no problems at all when we asked for a late check-out.

The purpose of our trip was to attend the Dave Matthews Band concerts at FirstMerit Pavilion on Northerly Island, and we wanted somewhere within a reasonable walking distance. It was a good 45 minute walk at a relaxed pace, but that was just fine with us. The Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Planetarium, and Soldier Field would all be in and around that same walk, probably a little less. Most of the walk is through Grant Park anyway, so it's a nice easy walk.

In the other direction, Magnificent Mile and all that downtown has to offer is about another short walk as well.

The hotel itself is beautiful, and in much better condition than I was expecting to be honest, as it is an older hotel, but I think I read that they recently renovated the rooms, which would seem right, as everything was very modern and clean. The bed was very comfortable, and you have a choice of firm or soft pillows.

Loved our stay here at Hilton Chicago, and will definitely be back next time we have the chance to visit Chicago!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellinDaveHead
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our beautiful hotel, convenient location and with the quality of service you received from our staff. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations with the comfortable bed and choice of pillows. It is always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve.
I am pleased to hear you loved your stay and that you will definitely return!

Montreal
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

In town for a convention and got booked here. At check in, staff were neither cheerful nor helpful. Room was not cheap yet no WiFi, no fridge bar (it had obviously been removed), two bathrooms (for what purpose, I don't know?), paper cups for a coffee machine often not well stocked. The grandiose entrance didn't fit with the mundane decoration of the room although bed OK. We were on the 5th floor facing another wing - barely able to see the sky to check for sun or rain! Main floor restaurant food - inedible pasta. Overall...disappointing.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apology for the disappointments you experienced during your stay especially, with your room accommodations, housekeeping, internet, dining experience and with the level of service you received from our staff. I was very disappointed to hear you had a disappointing experience. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve.
We appreciate your feedback as it is feedback such as yours that enables us to focus on opportunities for improvements.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and the recently renovated rooms are wonderful. Most recently my son and I stayed there and we had a great room, the beds were very comfortable, and the service was fantastic. I love the location, we could easily walk to the Field Museum and other attractions. The restaurant is good, and I really like the cafe where you can buy sandwiches and snacks, and the bar is a nice place to meet up with friends. I also love the pool -- it's large and not over-chlorinated.

Room Tip: Make sure you get one of the renovated rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel, convenient location and with the quality of service you received from our staff. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations with the comfortable bed, restaurant, SNAX, our grab and go store and our pool. It is always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve.
I am pleased to hear we are your favorite place to stay in Chicago!