Hilton Chicago
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$274
Sofitel
US$226
US$190
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
US$158
  • Room Service
5,492 results
All reviewsgrant parkirish pubexecutive floorgrand ballroomfull bathroomsfield museumhistoric hotelshedd aquariummichigan avelake viewhuge hoteltwo double bedsbuckingham fountainart institutefitness centeran upgradeself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Try to get east rooms above level 18 and you'll have lakeview. The hotel is above average as used from the Hilton brand. I like the proximity to downtown atractions. The staff is incredible helpful. I always enjoy coming back.

Room Tip: Eastside rooms above floor 18
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Michael H, Manager at Hilton Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our nice hotel, location and with the quality of service you received from our helpful staff. I was pleased to hear you found us to be hear you always enjoying coming back. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve.
We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel was very proactive to accomodate the large influx of young concert-going adults. I appreciated the added security at night at the elevators. I was fortunate to be able to stay at this beautiful hotel and understand the large crowds could cause a concern. I felt secure and grateful to have my amazing room. Thank you to all the staff for all their hard work. My weekend was amazing in part to Hilton for a great hotel experience

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our beautiful hotel and with the quality of service you received from our staff. I was pleased to hear you had an amazing experience and appreciated our added security measures in ensuring all of our guests have a safe and enjoyable stay. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I figure, if the Chicago Hilton has been good enough to bed-down every US President since 1927, it should be good enough for me. The Heads of Nations stay in all the good places, and the Chicago Hilton is one of them. The property takes pride in its history, so roam about and look at the photos, and memorabilia everywhere. My pet peeve for property-stays is waiting forever to board an elevator, and although I think this hotel was the very first in Chicago to feature 'lifts', the architect created an entire bank of them, and I hardly waited one minute for mine when going up, or, down. Each floor features a 'living room' type lounge, which I loved. I like staying in a historic property, but refuse to give up the creature comforts while doing it. The Hilton nails this down sweetly. I had within walking distance, some great Jazz clubs out the back door, and walking in Grant Park & Shopping out the front. I do, avoid the check-inline whenever possible, so I've joined the Hilton Honours Club and it's paid big dividends in time saved waiting around if check-in is busy. I booked and paid for the cheapest room I could find, then asked for a courtesy upgrade at the desk. "No problem sir!" which landed me a room with a view of the Lakefront and more shampoo than you could shake a scalp at. I'd happily go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade, join HH Honors Club,and ask to see the lovely Lakefront.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AmericaOverEasy

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay and for joining our HHonors Club! It was a real pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our handsome, historical hotel, great location and with the quality of service you received from our staff. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we can expect you back! It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve.
Thank you for noticing our Green Features. We are very proud and dedicated to our continual efforts to the Green environment.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

i have been staying at the hilton for family vacations for the last 5 years. i will never stay there again. as you know hiltons are not inexpensive. upon check in at a recent stay the room was dirty. popcorn and cereal on the floor and a bowel movement in the toilet. room reservations were not correct. hotel employees gave me insincere " i'm sorry to hear that" but nothing else. chain smoking guests clustering in front of lobby doors. if hotel employees thought you were there for the music festival you were treated like dirt and asked to show photo ID and room key frequently. I was not there for the music festival. Antonio at the bell desk was the only saving grace. he saw how frustrated i was while waiting to get my room key reactivated in my swimsuit and being ignored, i was directed to find a security guard down the hall to let me into my room to get my photo ID to return to desk to wait again to get key reactivated. He did speak to management to convey the concerns over my stay and i did get $ 100 off the total bill which is peanuts. I felt like I was staying at a low budget hotel but the bill didn't reflect this.

Room Tip: stay at the essex and ask for lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank c0nnie2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the disappointments you experienced during your stay especially, cleanliness, smokers outside the hotel and with the level of service you received from our staff. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve.
Please be assured, all guests are treated equally regardless of the nature of their stay and that your experiences are not the normal level of service we provide or are known. I have spoken to the Director of Housekeeping to ensure any necessary re-training takes place to ensure incidents such as yours are not repeated. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience due to the frequent requests to show photo I.D. and room key. These precautionary measures are to ensure the safety of all of our guests especially, on days our hotel is at full capacity.
We hope you will allow us future opportunity to serve you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

When I travel to Chicago for work I stay here. Some of the renovated rooms offer 2 bathrooms which makes getting ready in the morning (hot shower in one and hair in unsteamed other one) great! Beds are comfortable and the atmosphere of the outside, lobby, each floor lobby area is wonderful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your comfortable bed and two bathrooms room accommodations . It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve.