Hilton Chicago
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$274
Sofitel
US$226
US$190
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$158
  • Room Service
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
5,491 results
All reviewsgrant parkirish pubexecutive floorgrand ballroomfull bathroomsfield museumhistoric hotelshedd aquariummichigan avelake viewhuge hoteltwo double bedsbuckingham fountainart institutefitness centeran upgradeself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My husband and I went to Chicago this past weekend and stayed at the Chicago Hilton for 3 nights. We got the room off Priceline for $95, which I thought was decent for peak summer season. At check-in I was able to easily and quickly request the type of room I wanted and they also were able to upgrade me to concierge / Executive level for $50 per night. We were there with another couple (shared a room) so that cost was pretty reasonable when you consider the free continental breakfast every morning.

The room: Since we got Executive level, it was quite nice. Large, with a pretty corner view of the museum campus and Soldier Field. The only complaint I have about the room is the bathroom was on the small side. The beds were very comfortable, although a bit on the soft side. Since we were up on the 24th floor, we had minimal road noise and it was good for sleeping. The room was always cleaned nicely and there was a turn-down service with good chocolates every night. AC worked great - no complaints here!

The Executive Level perks: We were on the 24th floor, which is the same floor that the Executive Lounge was on. The continental breakfast was adequate, although very busy! They had bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. The usual for this type of breakfast. The one perk I did like was the room was open all day for guests to get coffee, water, or pop if you were thirsty. This was very nice since the rooms only had an already-full mini bar for a fridge. As I said earlier, the room was also quite large - which I know was an Executive perk since I had read many reviews of how small some rooms were.

Other amenities: We didn't use the parking as I think $43 / night is highway robbery! I did notice some surface lots in the area that were as low as $22 / night though, that seemed quite cheap. The pool and hot tub area were very nice although busy. There were plenty of towels and the outside deck was a nice touch.

Overall, I would stay here again if doing a primarily sightseeing trip to Chicago. This hotel is much closer to the museum campus and the Art Institute than it is to the Mag Mile shopping area. We walked a lot and used the "El" system to good advantage - the closest subway stop is only 2 blocks or so from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Serendipity88
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Only paid $89 on Hotwire for this historic but rundown hotel on Michigan Ave. Let's be honest, the only things keeping this hotel going are its history and the location. Two lights and the phone in the room didn't work. Plus, there was a hole in the carpet. Beds were just so-so but good enough for a centipede because I found one in my bed! Within walking distance to all the best sites including the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, and the Art Institute, but is it really worth it? Btw, internet access is $15 a day.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nathanf1975
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I booked through Priceline and I have to admit I was a bit nervous after reading some of the reviews. I paid 120.00 Per night-
The room was clean, and big enough for all three of us. Customer service was great!

FYI this hotel is located about 6 min away from M Mile...cab ride was about 6.00 each way...Tv had around 20 channels and first night we were there the cable went out. I hated that I had to pay 15.00 to use the gym...I travel a lot and Ive never had to pay to use the fitness room at any other hotel. Overall, it was a good hotel and for the price I cant complain

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank LizIvan124
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I should have shopped around. This was the worst high-priced hotel I've ever stayed at.
- we booked two rooms MONTHS in advance, I've never before had to ask that they be close to each other. These were booked on different floors, when I asked to have them on the same floor at least, it was like I'd made an unreasonable request.
- the deadbolt didn't retract all the way when you close the door, the first time it happened I didn't notice so that my room was OPEN all evening when I went for dinner. Fortunately nothing was missing, after that I was sure to check and half the time it happened, you had to push the deadbolt in flush so that the door would lock.
- The bathtub drain was clogged, when you took a shower you ended up with 8" of water at your feet.
- getting coffee for your coffeemaker was hit and miss, 3 times on a one-week stay the coffee hadn't been replenished, although they did bring it to you within 10 minutes when you phoned. I never had to do that before, even in cheap hotels.
- Their internet charges are whacked. I hate paying for internet at the best of times, most hotels give it for free, but to charge $30 for 5 nights and then have no option to extend it on a pro-rated basis and charge $15 per 24-hours for the last two nights is just wrong.

The hotel itself is very well located, and beautifully decorated (but the hallway layout is a bit of a maze). For the price, not worth it, I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hk718
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Stayed for 3 nights for a family gathering. Two rooms, both Kings and both with lake view rooms...incredible!!! 5 windows facing Grant Park, the museums, Navy Pier and N & S Michigan Ave. It was awesome. Friendly efficient staff. Booked the room & breakfast special...and it was well worth it...great breakfast buffet, that was open until 11:00.
Wonderful location! Pool was great on Friday, busy on Saturday..but still nice.
Valet, room service, maids, front desk...everyone was friendly and we can't wait to go back!
Our A/C was great..., and plenty of space for six of us to gather around the sofa, chairs, etc.
Bathroom was a bit small, but we were using only half of the suite...beautiful marble and great shower.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family