“Second time staying very good as was the first”

Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Ranked #107 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed jan 28 and 29th 2012 for the dance, convention. We arrived around 10:30 AM and were immediately checked into our room. I booked our room through priceline when I found it on priceline's website for $81.88 plus tax a night, this even included a generous cancellation policy. Saved me close to $134.00 over the convention rate. I was asked if we wanted a king or 2 double beds, I requested a refrigerator and was provided with one at no extra charge. The only thing we kind of wanted a high floor but were put on the 12th. It was at the end of a hall very quit location. We did find if we cut thru the room where the ice machine and pop machine, and then thru the stairway landing, it was a bit shorter than going around the maze of hallways. Requested late check out on sunday, were given an extra half hour, they did store the dance conventions participants luggage in a ballroom until we left, although where our groups was wasn't really monitored very well, and we weren't given any luggage tags. Used the pool early Saturday morning while my daughter attended class, very nice, would have liked to used the hot tup but unfortunately 4 very hairy guys were occupying it, each on a corner, and there was no way as a female I was join that group. Even when they got out they sat right on the 4 corners of the hot tub. I feel this was rude, and it wasn't Marriott's fault, come on guys you weren't the only ones at that hotel. Saturday evening my daughter and I ventured by the pool area, and the hot tub had been drained and was closed, I don't know maybe too much hair from those guys. This hotel is so close to everything, I love it here. We used to have the convention over at a hotel on Wacker Dr-which meant it was further from everything, and didn't have a pool. We walked everywhere, even out to Navy Pier on friday night, felt safe the entire time. We just happened to stumble upon the snow sculpturing contest taking place at NP, felt kind of bad for the participants as it had been in the mid 40's and sunny on friday. Would stay here again, yes the bathrooms are small, but really our room on both occasions hasn't been that small. The hotel on Wacker much smaller, and fridge not included.

Room Tip: ask for a fridge no charge first come first serve
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was a great hotel, excellent service but they have a lot of conventions there so i would call and ask if there is one going on at the same time you are there, other than that great location good breakfast in the morning would definitley go back

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the high rise side
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Our $130/nt room was - way too small, a bit run down, and not much to look at decor wise. But it did seem to be clean and the bed was nice and soft. Still, it wouldn't be on my list to visit again. Sorry Marriott, I usually really like your properties, but this one just falls short. Perhaps an update to the lobby/ bar area and cleaner looking hallways could help. It just seemed dark and not inviting. Plus the $51/nt parking fee is just crazy. The best part is the location, which is not too far from the Hancock and river. Would recommend the JW Marriott in the loop over this in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Bathroom was VERY small along with a small room. Not that clean either. Great location though.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Check-in was easy. However, the room was small and the bed was uncomfortable so I didn't sleep well either night. The bathroom was very tiny. However, the location was great, we could walk to all of the things that we wanted to do for the weekend or take an inexpensive cab ride to get there. The Staff was courteous and helpful. Valet parking is expensive at $51 per night but you can self-park for $36 per night. The kids enjoyed the pool but it, too, was small, more designed for lap workouts than family fun.

Room Tip: Its possible that rooms in the back are slightly less noisy but those on the higher floors facing Mi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The most difficult thing for me about this hotel was getting to the front door. I had been to the hotel before (on foot) so I knew the driveway entrance was on the backside of the hotel. For some unexplainable reason I had to drive around the block a couple of times before I was able to located it. The desk staff was very efficient and friendly and the lobby was very busy with a lot of folks enjoying cocktails in the spacious lounge. Our room was at the end of the hallway but was great because it had corner windows and we had the ability to see the city from two vantage points. Definitely worth a request! The location is great because it is central to so many good restaurants, the original deep dish pizza parlor is only a couple blocks, but get there early if it's a weekend night because there were 1 1/2 hour waits. We also ate at Rosebuds (local Italian chain) which I had eaten at a few years prior and it was still just as good. Unfortunately it was November so we couldn't eat outside. Back to the hotel, the bellstaff was great because the airline broke the zipper on my luggage and they gave me some great suggestions on what to do. The room was very clean and the housekeeping staff very attentive. Overall a just great experience

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room but if your on a lower floor you will hear traffic noise and emergency sirens.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and you cannot beat the location of this hotel. The hotel bar had so-so service. The room itself was very clean and had comfy beds but the bathroom was pretty tiny. We got lucky with a great deal from Priceline on this hotel. We didn't swim but the pool, hot tub and work out facility seemed very nice!

Room Tip: We got this room from Priceline name your own price. Took a chance and got a great rate on a great...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family