Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
  • Fitness centre
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
2,838 results
All reviewsgreat locationthe concierge loungemichigan avenuelobby barmagnificent milerenovated roomrush streethigh floornavy pierself parkgreat shoppingsmall roombig citycity viewvalet parkingfitness centerfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This hotel is in a wonderful location. Everyone was friendly. The rooms are quite small (as they tend to be in downtown Chicago). We had a wonderful view of the Magnificent Mile. The drinks at the bar were wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen J
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I love this place! I loved the lobby! It was very inviting and was full of life. The people and the staff are very nice. The room and the bed was comfortable. I am always travelling and I think this is one of the most comfortable stays I've had after a long day of working. Love love love!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2014

- The location is fantastic! Just steps to everything!
- The lobby was very clean and inviting and always busy with people! It's too bad that the Starbucks doesn't stay open past 6PM though, would have went down a few nights for a late night tea.
- The room was on the 34th floor and had a great view!
- The room was very small though and the bathroom was even smaller!
- When you showered it would take FOREVER for the water to drain so it would pool at your feet the whole duration of your shower which was annoying.
- The beds were absolutely amazing! One day they had put on sheets that had a perfume scent to them but after calling the front desk they were quickly changed and never had another issue with that any of the other days.
- The free water in the lobby is very useful after walking the streets shopping all day and a nice touch!

Room Tip: Don't get a room ending in 12 or 14 as they are close to the elevators and get a room above the 34th floor. Any lower your view would be cut off and the closer to the street you are the louder the sirens at night will be.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Deidra L
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Once you get past parking...this is a gorgeous hotel! The lobby and bar area are modernly furnished and the staff was very friendly, helpful and professional! The rooms were luxurious (we were in 2721) and the western view of the city was AMAZING!

I was not happy at first to park across the street in the next block, but that turned out to not be so bad. They have a whole system to handle it and if you follow it you really only have to "check in" your car and then "check out" when you actually leave no matter how many days you stay.

The other downside was no free wi-fi in the room, but the staff informed me that was normal because they want a community atmosphere in the lobby bar...and boy do they get it! You can get free wi-fi in that area and on the second floor promenade area, so it's not impossible, just an inconvenience if you actually had to do any work. Turns out my party of 12 just enjoyed the bar area at the end of every day when we returned from our activities. We would stay there for hours just talking and recapping, so I think I get it now!

Great hotel...and its a bit above my price range, but YOLO!

Room Tip: Sometimes the staff - front desk and valet - will provide free in room wi-fi cards, be nice and you might get one. The higher level floors have the amazing view. Some family members were on 11 and their view was not so stellar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2014

As a Platinum Elite Marriott guest I frequent hundreds of Marriott properties. My experience here was among the best. The elite check-in counter is a nice touch and had me up to my room in no time. I was on the 46th floor commanding a great city view. But the view was not as clear as I would have liked as the window film was rippled from years of sun damage. This was just a minor annoyance. The bathroom was very clean as was the room. It would have been nice if housekeeping replaced the complimentary water bottle every day. Again, just a minor annoyance as I always had access to the Concierge lounge for this amenity. The lounge is a bit small for the numbers of people who drop in for breakfast but I always found seating. You are just bumping elbows to get your food. I really did like the Starbucks on demand coffee grinders though. Made a steeping hot cup of fresh ground Verona without the need to go downstairs into the Starbucks and order one. But remember, you will only gain access to the Concierge lounge if you are an award member. The staff is wonderful, very friendly, knows the city well and always helpful. If there is one downside to this hotel it is the location of the bar. Situated in the lobby, center of the hotel it does get very loud. This is due to the raised ceiling and very open space. Otherwise this place would have received a 5 star rating from me.

Room Tip: Upper floors or you will view the neighboring hotels. Request a room away form any elevator, they are loud.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business