The Congress Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$664
US$508
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$543
US$508
US$435
US$370
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$730
  • Pool
US$626
US$599
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$684
US$647
HotelsClick
2,942 results
All reviewsgrant parkbuckingham fountaingold rooma lake view rooman older hotelart institutelake michigansoldier fieldshedd aquariumthe beannavy pierking roomfew blocksthe magnificent milelakeview
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a nice hotel but an older hotel. However, while the hotel may be older, the rooms are nice and charming. They were clean and the service was wonderful. Excellent location and beautiful views of Lake Michigan. I would stay at this hotel again and again. The parking ramp is attached to the hotel and the valet is great. It is a beautiful old hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 30 June 2014

From the start, this hotel is old. Really, really old. And they haven't done a great job at keeping it glorious. The plus: my bathroom was super clean. Immaculate actually. The bed was clean, too (I check for bugs believe me!). My boyfriend thought it was comfortable (he loved it). It was a little firm for me, but that's just taste. The room was large. High ceilings. I slept like a log (the ghosts stayed away from us!). Our room was quiet. And I LIKE wacky old hotels, so the older furniture, strange wallpaper, the AC that lurched on and off, etc didn't bother me.

The minuses: our room was, well, a little bizarre. We stayed at the value price and the windows were super high up and overlooked AC vents. It gave the room a strange vibe. So I'd advise getting a room w/ a view and paying a bit more.

The hallways are scarey! I kept expecting those twins from The Shining to come out and ask us to play. We kept getting turned around and lost; it was like staying in the Winchester House

The location: can't be beat.

The staff was great, though the check in was a bit brusque.

So not for everyone. We enjoyed it, but as I said, "I'd never take my sisters here!"

Room Tip: Spring for a view! Some of the front rooms seemed kind of cool and old (mantlepieces, big bay windows). And fewer creepy hallways to navigate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Traveller300072
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We got stuck with this hotel via Priceline. After reading the reviews, I was NOT looking forward to staying here. The hotel is old - all you gotta do is smell it to figure that out. We had a refurbished room on the 8th floor in the North Tower. The room was very small and didn't look too updated to me. There was peeling paint and the bathroom door was stained and wouldn't close all the way. The shower was not good - very little water pressure and the shower was never HOT! The reception on the tv was bad too. You could hear the L train outside at night, but that didn't bother us too much. We stayed two nights and had to pay $78 in parking. The best thing about the hotel was the location, but that only goes so far with me. I guess it could've been worse, but I don't EVER plan on staying here again - especially for what I paid!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole F
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The two things I have to say about this hotel is the great view and it's historical past. It is not been maintained properly. It has old doors and old bathroom fixtures. Paint is chipped throughout. I hope you can find the ice machine and vending machines. I never did. The carpet is very loose and needs work. The mattresses are in a box/platform. It is terrible on your knees at night. Restaurants leave a lot to be desires. I have never given a review like this, but save you money and don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I and several friends stay at the Congress for Blues Fest. Couldn't have found a more convenient location but it was rather expensive. Perhaps not considering that it is Chicago and a festival weekend. But it could really use some updating. I liked the historic aspect of the hotel; the lobby and bar were beautiful. However, some of the carpet actually looked original, as in having never been replaced! I would still stay there again, just because of the location.

Room Tip: Ask for another room if the first one is not acceptable. Staff is very accomodating
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends