Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
5,125 results
All reviewsthe rivergreat locationtrump towera river view roomthe penthousethe corner bakerywithin walking distancethe magnificent milecorner roomlarge roommillennium parkthe loopvalet parkingwould definitely stay here againmichigan avenuenavy pierhotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Ever go to one of those hotels where everything goes wrong? Well, this isn't that place.

Arrived 3/11/11. Was greeted outside with the cab door held open for my wife by the bellman. From there our suite was on the 25th floor with a river view. Excellent ! We headed out for dinner. The bellman told us about a great restaurant. Since Michigan Ave. is only one block away we had a lot of choices. Grand Lux was great too. When we got back to the hotel my wife gave the Bellman $5 for the recommendation.

Saturday, we watched the river turn green while sipping coffee in our room. Room Service is lightning quick. Despite the restaurant only being open for ONE DAY. No kinks, We had Jose as our server, the place was packed, food came promptly and Jose was on top of his game with service. Normally I never eat in a hotel but the food smelled so good in the lobby it was the obvious choice.

Both Friday and Saturday nights were peaceful, the wife and i both had great sleeps.

One of the things I read here was the elevators were slow. I counted 17 sec from the door close in the lobby to the 25th floor. Not slow in my book. While the hotel is under a bit of renovation we never noticed it.

I have been going to Chicago for over 25 years. This was the best room I have EVER had. We'll be back next year for sure. Highly recommend ! AAAA++++

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Worth of every penny, great view on the river, quiet, near by metro station, walking distance from shopping districts, friendly staff, free wlan.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2011

While in Chicago for a business trip in July 2010, rather than staying at the conference-offered hotels, we instead opted for Hotel 71. Having heard great things from family that had visited and after the hotel gave us a discounted group rate, we couldn't pass it by. The hotel is right on Wacker and just off of Michigan. Our room on the 33rd floor overlooked the Chicago River right over to the Trump Tower. We had a room for 3, and plenty of space for all of us. The rooms are large, comfortable and nicely decorated. The next time (July 2011) we return for our conference, everyone in our group plans to jump on the Hotel 71 deal again! Rather for business or pleasure, this hotel is sure to impress. The rates are so much better than local competition, and the customer service is fantastic. Not a single problem at all with our stay and even though we split the room 3 ways, they were eager and responsive to accomodate our requests. This is a winner! So beautfiul! Check out the website for wonderful photos! Can't wait until July 2011 to visit again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We opted for the "premium city view" room which was slightly less expensive than the "river view" rooms. Our room faced the back of another building and all the fire escapes and the alley filled with dumpsters. This was totally unacceptable. The service was supreme as when we complained we were immediately moved to a much nicer river view room with spectacular views of the city and the river at Michigan and Wacker drive even during the Christmas shopping season. Excellent location, comfortable room, excellent service. The bar was EXTREMELY small. and the restaurant was a large room with three or four small tables scattered about. You would never know you were in the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Stayed at Hotel 71 for a girlfriend weekend. Found a great rate package thru Travel Zoo for $129 a night, including a $20 daily credit to be used toward room service, parking, etc. We actually ended up parking in a public garage, so we used our credits for room service.

I always worry about getting a not-so-great room when using a discount service. But our experience was quite the contrary! We had a HUGE corner room with an equally large bathroom! The decorating was very tasteful and inviting. And, although we didn't pay the upgrade for a river view room, our city view through the wall-to-wall windows was quite enjoyable! My only complaints about the room itself are that it could really use some more/brighter lighting. And the bathtub had DEFINITELY seen better days. The caulking around the tub was disgustingly mildewy and the drain didn't work properly....so that there was water up to my ankles at the end of each shower.

The room service staff was prompt and courteous. We ordered drinks and desserts one night and breakfast the next day. The breakfast was decent but the desserts weren't worth the price.

On a side note, I travel with my computer and finding a hotel with free WiFi was a must. Well, I guess you get what you pay for. It was very difficult to get connected and I ended up getting a TERRIBLE virus because they don't use a secure private network.

One thing I have absolutely NO complaints about is the location! : ) I couldn't believe how close we were to everything! And, being right on the river, there was a water taxi station just across the street. Unfortunately, we didn't discover this until our last day. It would have saved us a TON in comparison to all the cab fare.

Overall, I would say that we were very satisfied with our stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends