Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
5,123 results
All reviewsthe rivergreat locationtrump towera river view roomthe penthousethe corner bakerywithin walking distancethe magnificent milecorner roomlarge roommillennium parkthe loopvalet parkingwould definitely stay here againmichigan avenuenavy pierhotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This hotel/resort is very nice, sleek and comfortable in downtown Chicago. It was a weekend getaway for me and my wife, kind of a late anniversary celebration, to one of Wyndham's newest resorts. I anticipated that it would be ritzy being in that area of the city, but the city metro transit system made it easy to move around on a cold winter day. It is a newly remodeled building with a mixture of regular hotel guests and Wyndham club members through the timeshare membership. We enjoyed our room which was a comfortable efficiency, not the greatest view, but very nice décor and functionality. Would stay hear again.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite, I plan to, if I stay here again to get more amenities and a better view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Henry R-
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay. We thank you for staying with us for an occasion such as your anniversary. We certainly hope you will visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

My wife an I traveled to Chicago for a comedy concert at The Chicago Theatre and selected this hotel for it's close proximity to the event. We arrived downtown Chicago and it took us about 20min to find this hotel as it sat in a quirky location (formerly known as the hotel 71. I believe) When we pulled up to the underground parking facility we were shocked to see that this hotel charges $60.00 fir overnight parking which we felt was way too expensive so we parked a few dies down in an open lot that still charged $34.00 The check-in was uneventful, but there was an added $80 00 fee that this hotel charges fir incidentals and both the desk clerk and bell man were very nice and courteous. I had asked for a room with a view and also a room closer to the elevator because I am handicapped and gave trouble walking. Well we were led to a room on the 18th floor which was fine with me, but our room was located at the furthest end of the hall. The room itself was beautiful, but for the type of money I paid that was expected. But there was no mini fridge, and we had to request that a microwave be brought up to our room. I pulled back the curtains only to find that I didn't have a city view but rather a view of an alley and the tops and backs of other buildings. Instead of eating in the hotel we drove the few miles fir some tasty Lems Barbeque as the grilled cheese sandwiches were $7.00 at the motel and for $13.00 we had a full meal of bbq. I personally would not stay at this particular motel in the future however, the rich or well to do may find this hotel acceptable

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Shannon C--
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry you were displeased with the cost of parking, for our lot and the other lot you chose, but unfortunately that is pretty standard for our downtown location. As for the incidentals, those are an added charge to cover damages (if any, of course) or for your convenience-- it is applied toward room service or restaurant charges and refunded in full if not used, of course. I do very much apologize, however that we did not honor your request for a room close to the elevator, that should have been addressed and I am sorry for the oversight.
We do hope that we would get the opportunity in the future to accommodate you again. We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I am an avid visitor of Chicago having stayed in almost all the hotels in the area. This is THE best hotel if you're looking for a hotel with 5 star quality, perfect location on the river, stellar customer service (especially Brendan at the front) and hassle free experience. We stayed here for her birthday and we were upgraded to an excellent riverview from cityview corner room for a nominal discounted rate. The view itself was worth the experience with an almost 180 degree view. Our friends got placed right beside us and we had the best time in chicago so far. Thanks Brendan and staff for knowing how to treat your customers.

Room Tip: Riverview rooms are spectacular. Corner suites are nice if you can swing it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Arjun S-
Thank you so much for your kind words, we are thilled you enjoyed your room and your stay with us! I will certainly pass along your compliments to Brendon and we look forward to seeing you next time you're in Chicago!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Very nice property. Staff was still in training but very helpful and courteous. Received great info from Reps in regard to Timeshare updates.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear John F--
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, thank you for leaving us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Chicago soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

What a great stay! Our room and beds were very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. The city view from our room was amazing. Great location with plenty to do within walking distance if you only have a day or two as we did. Cant wait to go back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words- we are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to welcome you back to Chicago!