“Great location. Lots of elbow room”

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
Ranked #72 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed during the week and found the hotel ideal for exploring the center of the city. The room was large with expanded seating. Great view of the river, window that opened provided additional cooling since the room air never seemed to do the job. The staff was attentive and answered all questions. We checked in early with no trouble . Parking is steep at $60 a night.
Would stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RoseyJacksonMS
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear RoseyJacksonMS-
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am terribly sorry I you had an issue with your air conditioning-- I assure that will be looked at immediately. And parking, understandably may seem high, but I assure you it is very competitive for our downtown location. We thank you for your comments and will be sure to share them with the team. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you return again very soon.

Bob Holland

Write a ReviewReviews (5,046)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for just one night at the end of a longer-trip. Got a fantastic rate on Hotwire, and wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised! I arrived quite early, and they were able to accommodate me immediately if I wanted a room with a river-view, for an extra $20. I took it, and was very pleased with the room I got. It was on the 32nd floor, with a fantastic view of the city and the Chicago River. The room itself was enormous - one of the largest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in (that wasn't a suite). It was newly renovated, and had a chaise sofa, a full-sized work desk, and a fridge!!! The bathroom was spacious, bright, and very modern. The room had wall-to-wall windows, which was very nice. Because I was only at the hotel for one night, I wasn't able to fully-enjoy all this hotel had to offer. That said, I highly recommend it based on what I did experience, and wouldn't for a second hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: River-view rooms on higher floors have AMAZING views!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank joecdn
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear jocdn-
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We're so pleased that you were so impressed with your room and the view! We wish you could have stayed longer, and certainly hope you'll be back soon to do just that.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Visited with my 2 boys and they agreed that the location/view, service (thanks bellhop Mark and front desk), and size of the room were great.....especially for a Metropolitan City. River View is a Must. We will Return! Walk to the 7-11 and Subway were seconds away.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jason C

Dear Jason C-
Thank you so much for letting us know how you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for your comments and for choosing the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront. We very much look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
1  Thank Connie A

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Room was clean, large, roomie. The refrigerator wasn't plugged in. When I went into the bathroom, I could smell the mildew on the shower curtain. I called and asked them to come change it and they brought a brand-new one right away. The tub had a few rust spots, but otherwise, the bathroom was clean. Big screen TV, bed was comfortable. Unfortunately, we didn't have a riverfront view, so be sure to ask for one. And we were right across the elevator, so we could hear foot traffic and conversation in the hallway and a slight squeak in the wall every time the elevator went up/down.

Front desk gets pretty busy, but their staff was friendly and helpful. They will also "check" your luggage if you have to check out of your room and need to temporarily store it.

We had our "do not disturb" sign out when housekeeping came by. So later in the day, they called us to see if we needed anything.

Room service/menu was pretty expensive, so we opted to go downstairs, two doors down, to Corner Bakery.

When they offered us a "free gift", it was to get us to view their VIP suite and hear their presentation. Probably a time-share. We passed on it.

Room Tip: Request a room on the riverfront side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CristyP

Hello--
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay. I am terribly sorry if you had any issues with your room, but I am glad that we were able to correct them quickly. We thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and do hope you will return to stay with us again when you are visiting Chicago.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Well positioned hotel overlooking the river (if fortunate to have a room with that particular outlook). Small foyer, which can get crowded at busy check-in/check-out times. My room (without much of a view really) was probably reasonably dimensionally big, but still appeared relatively cramped because of the layout and positioning of funiture etc. I guess I only needed to sleep there after spending each day busy elsewhere, so it was fine - but I suspect that there are lots of other hotel options in this great city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 99TedP61
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear 99TedP61-
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I want to assure you that your feedback will be shared and considered, and we very much appreciate your incite. We thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Chicago. We know there are many hotels to choose from and we thank you for choosing ours. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Bob Holland

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Beautiful view from our riverfront room on the 37th floor. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Cleaning staff/Housekeeping was our only issue, but the front desk took care of everything quickly. Would def recommend this hotel and would stay again!

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view, but you will be on the elevator a while if the hotel is fu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andi63
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Andi63--
Thank you so much for your comments, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.