“We Love Chicago!”

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
Ranked #66 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here in late May 2014 with my wife. It was a spacious, comfortable room to which we were upgraded when we checked in. I asked for a high floor (34th fl.) river view and I was not disappointed. The bathroom was spacious and very nice. The coffee machine was OK but they didn't supply coffee. May have been an over sight on part of maid service.

Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. TV was very nice, desk, sofa, window view of river. I thought it was very nice hotel with comforts expected for this hotel; it was simply comfortable so we enjoyed our stay.

It is well situated near the Loop, and River North or Millenium Park. This was my first re-introduction to Chicago in almost 40 years and the location made it very convenient. The concierge was helpful and offered to help us make reservations but he wasn't aware that the restaurant we were headed to didn't accept reservations.

We stayed there just before the summer crush begins and the rates in downtown Chicago start soaring so we got a good deal here.
The windows don't open but that may be because we were so high up and Chicago is indeed a windy city.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded to a river view on the north side if at all possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oak L
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Oak L-
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and here in Chicago. We loved having you and your wife and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Warm Regards-
Bob Holland
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel when it was called Hotel 71. I decided to come back because of the amazing experience I had. Unfortunately I was disappointed during my recent four night stay. The mattresses were uncomfortable, weak A/C, extremely slow Wi-Fi, and a rusted, broken coffee machine. I asked the front desk to replace the coffee machine and it was not taken care of.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jamal D
Dear Jamal D-
I am terribly sorry if you were met with any inconveniences during your stay and would like to thank you for bringing them to my attention. I assure you that your comments will be shared with the team to ensure the issues are promptly fixed. If you would like to discuss these matters further, I invite you to call my office and speak with my assistant, Kelly Buettner at 312-462-7070. We thank you for your review and hope that you would consider staying with us again, as this is not the level of service we strive to provide.

Warm Regards-