5,365 results
All reviews the river great location trump tower a river view room the penthouse the corner bakery within walking distance the magnificent mile large room corner room millennium park the loop valet parking would definitely stay here again michigan avenue navy pier an upgrade
Reviewed 18 December 2015

After weeks of our entire family living in separate states, we all reunited in Chicago for the holidays. After our long travel days, we were thrilled to be greeted by Maggy at the Wyndham who was able to pull some strings and let us into our room much earlier than scheduled. Thanks to Maggy we had time to recharge before a fun day in the city!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2015

Dear PeteAW,

We are so glad that you choose the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront for your family reunion! Our staff always strives to deliver a grand experience to all of our guests and Maggy is the perfect example of Wyndham’s “Count on Me” core value! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Maggy and the rest of our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Chicago!

Reviewed 18 December 2015

I recently stayed at the Wyndham for 3 weeks whilst on business in Chicago.
The Wyndham is in a very good location, very central and equal distance from major offices as well as all the shopping streets and nightlife.
The hotel itself is always clean, and whilst the rooms are outdated decor wise, they are very big, spacious and comfortable.
The staff on the reception desk are not the most entertaining, and apart from 1 or 2 I never spoke with them, and I genuinely found them quite fake and never actually felt they cared too much about me which is a complete opposite of all the other staff.
The staff in the bar and restaurant were absolutely superb, very welcoming and became a mini home away from home. I really was impressed by this, normally there is a lot of fakeness, especially in US with the tipping culture, but I genuinely never found this in the Wyndham.
Special mentions should go to Ali and Aimee, Javon and Charles aka Wale, in the bar area, they made my trip much easier and put up with watching the Knicks all the time.
My only negative comments would be the level of sport available in the bar, they should have more available, I would also suggest the food is not as good as made out on the website or the advertisements. My only actual complaint would be the laundry. Staying there for 3 weeks i found it outrageous that there was no special rate on laundry for long stays. It worked out cheaper to buy brand new socks everyday than wash them. For a hotel that constantly reminds people they are trying to be green i find this very contradictory.
Special mentions should go to Alli and Aimee, Javon and Charles in the bar area, they were all superb. Also, the door staff and porters that welcome you are much friendlier than the people behind the desk and I think this is something that needs to be worked on,

Room Tip: pay more than for the crap rooms
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Juli C, Director of Rooms at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Dear CworthNY,

We appreciate all your feedback you shared with us during your stay at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront. We certainly have look at all the areas you have pin pointed very closely and I'm happy to inform you we have addressed them all since your last stay and would love to invite you back so you can experience our service without any flaw. Please contact me directly to make your future reservations. We hope you give us another try soon.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

Used my Wyndham points for a free night in Chicago. Our room was clean and spacious with a beautiful view of the river walk. The hotel is centered in the heart of Chicago's shopping and entertainment district.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2015

Dear edwardg197,

Thank you for giving us a 5-star rating!!! I am thrilled to hear you found our rooms to be comfortable, clean and spacious. We are extremely lucky to be located in such a bustling area for all of our guests needs. Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront on your recent visit to Chicago.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next adventure to Chicago.

Reviewed 17 December 2015

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Juli C, Director of Rooms at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2015

Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Excellent location right on the riverfront and just over the bridge from the Magnificent Mile shops. Millennium Park is a short walk away. Our room was great and had everything we needed. Room was extremely clean and comfortable. We asked for a city view and got just that. We had a huge window and as we arrived at night, had a fab view of the skyscrapers all lit up.
I highly recommend the restaurant, Hoyt's especially for breakfast. Staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. This was our first visit to Chicago and we would not hesitate in booking this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear GillSThompson,

Thank you so much for the 5-star review!! I am so excited to hear that you loved our property. We are so lucky to be in such a prime location. Being near all the shops and restaurants really allows us to better service our guests with fun things to do in the city within close distances. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your clean and spacious room accommodations and double sinks are definitely always a plus!!! Hoyt's is definitely a hidden gem in Chicago and I am happy that you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast. I know this was your first trip, but please don't make it your last.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Windy City!