“Good Location, Wonderful Staff”

Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North
Ranked #81 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was a bargain and located near where we wanted to be. The building design is unique, atop a newspaper building but once you're in it becomes second nature, The design allows noise to resound in the interior of the building and there were many parents who loosed their kids onto the balconies for temper tantrums and crying fits. But that is not the hotels fault.. Every employee we encountered was interested in our comfort. Each of our requests was responded to and we were very comfortable. Really liked the access to the CTA through the Merchandise Mart and affordable eateries were in there also.. The pool is the largest we've had in the US, almost as large as in Turkey..

Room Tip: We had a room w/a view and were pleased. We heard that corner rooms were better BUT we were happy w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
martplaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Recent Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are most happy regarding the comments about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed at the HolidayInn last October as I was going to run the marathon. Was not expecting much from a Holiday Inn, but I was very positively surprised. Its very nice for a HolidayInn. Rooms are big, nice bathroom for the price. Has two restaurants and very conveniently located in the middle of everything.
The services is according to the price, as well as the food quality. So I really can't complaint.
If you are looking for a "cheap" hotel in Chicago, conveniently located, you will definitely get your money´s worth.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
martplaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Recent Guest, thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

In town for a conference, I decided to spend a few extra nights in the city. I booked the Holiday Inn via Hotwire and can say that I really enjoyed my experience. While the hotel was currently in the middle of construction, the actual lobby and room itself was just fine. Certainly worth the price.

My favorite part was the view from both the room and the hotel bar. My room overlooked the river, part of the city, and I could see the basketball arena. The bar overlooks everything and is definitely worth checking out. Drinks and food aren't too expensive and the staff was very nice.

I also enjoyed the location of the hotel as it was a 10 minute or so walk along the river over to Millenium Park and the train is right there if you want to head over to Wrigley or another part of the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
martplaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Boston Guest, thank you so much for staying with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed our location. Our location off Michigan Avenue does provide our guests some stunning views as opposed to others that have been blocked by other buildings. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I've stayed here on several occasions and it's a great place in a nice central location. The room I had this time was just redone and very comfortable. I consider this to be one of my first choices when going to the Chicago area.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly remodeled room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear John, thank you so much. We want to be your Home away from Home, every time you visit Chicago.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

By appearance, this looks like a top-notch Holiday Inn. But arrival into the room proves to be just another typical failure to go the distance. I was in Chicago for a business conference at McCormick Place. I had stayed at another hotel for 2 out of my 3 nights in Chicago. My husband had arrived into town, also for work purposes, on the 3rd night. Rather than stay in two separate hotels, I checked out of mine, and checked into his. I regretted that I didn't suggest he not check-in at Holiday Inn and just join me at my hotel. Holiday Inn always seems to take short-cuts. I had already crossed Holiday Inn off my list in summer of '12 (after a 'nail in the coffin' Holiday Inn experience). This one night proved it needs to stay on the 'off list'.

SIDE NOTE: The view of the rivers, from the bar is *SPECTACULAR*!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Angela, we are sorry to hear of this. We strive to provide great accommodations and service. Could you email us at sales@martplaza.com with some detail. We value your business and would like to have you experience what so many guests say is their first choice in Chicago.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Our stay at the hotel over all went great! The only complaint I would have would be when we first checked in. Unfortunately I didn't not get the name of the agent who checked us in but she lacked what I feel is good customer service. She rushed us through our check in and only provided information upon our promoting. Other than that incident every single employee we encountered was amazing! I do want to give a HUGE thank you to Yvonne!!! She was our saving grace at check out and fixed what could have been a huge headache! It was the end of her shift which I was unaware of, but never once did I feel rushed! She helped us well beyond the end of her shift and did it with a pleasant smile the whole time! The front desk agents are the face of any business and the Holiday Inn should be proud to have a dedicated and personable employee like her!!! Thank you again Yvonne, you helped us end our stay on a very pleasant note!!! I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Sarahbeth, thank you so much for staying with us and for your feedback. This helps us stay on our toes and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed last February and it was a great experience. The view was amazing looking at the river I never turned on the tv. The staff was very helpful with direction and quick in the service desk. Parking was a little pricy but convenient especially the in/out. I'm actually planning on staying again now the only problem is panoramic view or renovated.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Rbatista08
martplaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Recent Guest, thank you so much. Ask for both! Looking forward to your visit.